Two questions

2 Replies

it's been a little while, and I have two questions. 

1. I saw that a property went into preforeclosure and was wondering how to find out why it is and how much is owed before I approach the owner.

2. Does anybody know how to get probate leads in the Boston area without having to go to the courthouse as I work during courthouse hours which makes it very difficult to get there.

Thanks any all info will be greatly appreciated.

Here's the somewhat smart-*** version...

1) Because the owner stopped paying the mortgage

2) Take a day off work

I say 'somewhat' because the real version isn't too far off

1) The home is in pre-foreclosure because the owner stopped paying the mortgage.  There is no way to know why he/she/they did this other than asking them.  In my area, the Lis Pendis filings are available online.  SOME have the amount owed.  Note that every month, the 'payoff' increases as more fees accrue.

2) If it isn't online, the best solution really is to take a day off and figure it out.  Write down every step in the process in excruciating detail.  After that, hire someone for $10/hr to go down there at some regular interval (once a week, month) and update your list.

Erik Hitzelberger, Real Estate Agent in KY (#68970)
Originally posted by @Dawit Araia:

it's been a little while, and I have two questions. 

1. I saw that a property went into preforeclosure and was wondering how to find out why it is and how much is owed before I approach the owner.

2. Does anybody know how to get probate leads in the Boston area without having to go to the courthouse as I work during courthouse hours which makes it very difficult to get there.

Thanks any all info will be greatly appreciated.

I would love to know the answer to #2

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.