Sample pre-foreclosure letter

10 Replies

Does anyone have a sample pre-foreclosure letter to send to sellers I could use?

Hi Rilicia,

PM me. I have a couple of letters that I'm more than happy to share. One is for homeowners who are in default and upside down; one is for homeowners who are in default but still have equity in their home; and one is for homeowners who have received Notice of Trustee Sale and their house is about to be foreclosed. 

Good luck. 

Ok thanks

@Minh Le, do you mind emailing me the letter templates? If so my email is [email protected]

Originally posted by @Minh Le :

Hi Rilicia,

PM me. I have a couple of letters that I'm more than happy to share. One is for homeowners who are in default and upside down; one is for homeowners who are in default but still have equity in their home; and one is for homeowners who have received Notice of Trustee Sale and their house is about to be foreclosed. 

Good luck. 

After you give a kid an Uzi, are you going to show up and teach them how to use it, or just let the newbies fend for themselves in a dangerous and federally regulated area?  :)

Hi Bill,

I am a new BP member and working on my very first pre-foreclosure deal. I came across your above mentioned post and wondering if you can help me with those letter template. Would appreciate your help on this.

Please let me know if you want me to PM you or email you.

thanks, 

I can usually take someone who is new to RE into a specialized area to operate, but there are prerequisites that need to be there to work with them. I have done things with attorneys, CPAs, stock brokers, insurance brokers and others successful in business.

General business knowledge, understanding of financing requirements, knowing property valuations, maturity in personal financial matters to give general advice, understanding of the foreclosure process, legal aspects as to liability in leading someone into financial matters, fully understanding fraud issues and the differences in a general matter where fraud might be applied as generally thought of and what may constitute bank fraud causing or even attempting to cause a loss to an insured bank having different standards. If someone has a general grasp of such matters or can be brought up to speed quickly, I might take them to the range, let them hold the Uzi while my hand is firmly grasping it at all times to teach them how to use it.  

If anyone thinks they have the expertise to target pre-foreclosures in the face of federal laws, attorneys being in the mix dealing on either side of these matters, Realtors being aware of the legal environment, banks delaying procedures in anticipation of sales or solutions, bank employees reviewing contracts and pending steps, what a seller may do in expectation of a sale and other issues.......well, you just have at it.  Obviously they know more than I do about the matter and they probably don't take advice very well.

Familiarize yourself with the P.I.F.A laws when dealing with preforeclosures in MD.

Hi Minh Le, 

I am starting to look into door knocking for pre forclosure properties here in Phoenix and could really use those letters you were refferencing!  Would you be willing to send me them through pm or email?

Thank you!

Hey @Minh Le or anyone else that got the letters. Can anyone help me out and provide them to me?

Thanks!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here