Value of distressed SFR in specific area?

5 Replies

How can I find out what the differential is between the value of distressed property, and the retail value of SFR's in a particular area?

www.realtor.com for average retail value.

For a distressed property, start with average retail, then subtract the rehab cost then your desired rehab profit, and some extra for errors, and you have the purchase price.

Thank you. I understand the mathematical formula. I'm liking for a source for that has the empirical research data on cities. For example, in Milwaukee distressed propert sales for something like 52% of retail value. There are organizations that gather and process this kind of data. 

Originally posted by @Randy Stewart:

Thank you. I understand the mathematical formula. I'm liking for a source for that has the empirical research data on cities. For example, in Milwaukee distressed propert sales for something like 52% of retail value. There are organizations that gather and process this kind of data. 

Sorry, "looking" should've checked before I hit send.

I don't see the value. 

I want to know my local market very well, so I can make good decisions on buying rentals close to home. I have no interest in Milwaukee, or any other area. When there are no deals left within 25 miles from home, I'll look within 50 miles, then 100 miles. 

I always advise buying close to home first.

Thank you, I love that I can reach out here on BP and get the perspective of successfully seasoned investors from around the country.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.