Value of distressed SFR in specific area?

5 Replies

How can I find out what the differential is between the value of distressed property, and the retail value of SFR's in a particular area?

www.realtor.com for average retail value.

For a distressed property, start with average retail, then subtract the rehab cost then your desired rehab profit, and some extra for errors, and you have the purchase price.

Thank you. I understand the mathematical formula. I'm liking for a source for that has the empirical research data on cities. For example, in Milwaukee distressed propert sales for something like 52% of retail value. There are organizations that gather and process this kind of data. 

Originally posted by @Randy Stewart:

Thank you. I understand the mathematical formula. I'm liking for a source for that has the empirical research data on cities. For example, in Milwaukee distressed propert sales for something like 52% of retail value. There are organizations that gather and process this kind of data. 

Sorry, "looking" should've checked before I hit send.

I don't see the value. 

I want to know my local market very well, so I can make good decisions on buying rentals close to home. I have no interest in Milwaukee, or any other area. When there are no deals left within 25 miles from home, I'll look within 50 miles, then 100 miles. 

I always advise buying close to home first.

Thank you, I love that I can reach out here on BP and get the perspective of successfully seasoned investors from around the country.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here