Account Closed
  • Cambridge, MA
Votes |
Courthouse Auction Schedule

Account Closed
  • Cambridge, MA
Posted Jan 28 2016, 05:14

Hi,

I am generally somewhat familiar with the foreclosure timetable from pre-foreclosure to post-foreclosure (REO). Thanks to the great article from Brandon @Brandon Turner  (https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/03/2...) There are three questions that I am trying to get some more clarity or at least find some good resource to start learning more about:

1. I am having some trouble with finding the actual schedule for courthouse auctions that are taking place in and around my area. I live in MA and would be interested in few different counties but I can't seem to find a good place that can capture this information. Do I need to go to each city or county separately to find this information? What's the best place to get this information

2. There are lots of online auctions where you can bid on houses (e.g. hubzu, etc). Is this similar to courthouse auction or REO? For properties on these sites, can we expect to have a clean title with no other liens - tax, mechanics, etc

3. I am learning how to do some basic title research. MA is a attorney closing state. So, it is a bit harder to develop relationships with title examiner as you need to go through an attorney but I would be interested in hearing thoughts on how others who bid on courthouse auctions do some of the basic research as far as making sure they are bidding on the first mortgage lien, tax lien, mechanic lien, judgement, etc.

Thanks and look forward to a great discussion on this. I am sure there are others out there in my shoes who are also having the same issue. 

Sonam

Loading replies...