• Investor
  • Tacoma, WA
Votes |
Foreclosure with tenant leaving

Randy Steele
  • Investor
  • Tacoma, WA
Posted Aug 20 2016, 18:44
I recently purchased a foreclosure that has a tenant living in it. I advised him the unit would be renting for 1200 per month and he does not want to pay that so has chosen to leave no later than the 60 day period that apparently Washington state law allows. I offered him 600 if he would move out early, but he declined. I was hoping he would accept the money mostly because I was going to require him to have the property totally cleaned up, all trash and other items removed from the property before I paid him. Now I am worried that he will leave after 60 days and leave a huge mess, not to mention possible damage to the property. He has lived there for 10 years and feels the former landlord screwed him over with a lease to own option, so he might take his frustrations out on the building, which is a double wide manufactured home. I am looking for suggestions how to entice him to leave the property in good shape when he leaves. Anybody have experience with this type of situation? What creative options have worked for you? Thanks

Loading replies...