Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Patty Kett
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • grass valley
Votes |
Vandalism before? or after Trust deed sale?

Patty Kett
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • grass valley
Posted Aug 23 2009, 04:39

Hi,
Bought a property at the court house steps. I knew the property and knew it was very clean. Well the home's real value was about $400k got it for $245k.

I had called the owners before the sale and said I would buy it from them so that would not go on their credit and put $ in their pocket. They thought I was taking advantage of them and said god would save them. So this is not your typical situation they had 150k equity in it.

Bought the property at the steps, no one there to bid against me. Sent a friend over to look at property still very nice outside and he could only see inside through the front door glass everything looked fine. Saw a moving truck. Posted a nice letter to try to get cash for keys. Went back a couple days later (yesterday) saw no cars and the place was a wreck.
Holes drilled in all window frames and cabinets, tile. Holes in walls, appliances damages, toliets broke. But through the window that room was left untouched.

It has just been a week and we have not received the deed yet to record. About $45,000 in damage. Some furniture left he also damaged and spray painted. So my question is.. Would insurance take care of any of this damage? I got insurance on the day of the sale. Would the Banks insurance pay since I don't have the deed yet? I think he left the state. CAn he be arrested? I am calling the sherriff today and the Bank on Monday.
Thanks for your help.

Loading replies...