Votes
Olivia Stramara
  • Madison, WI
Votes |
Beginner Looking For Advice on Foreclosures

Olivia Stramara
  • Madison, WI
Posted Jul 1 2019, 12:21

Hi everyone. I am a new investor located in Madison, WI. I have been doing extensive research, reading and networking within my community the last 1.5 months to lay my roots for my goals ahead! Because I am new to the game I have few contacts or access to leads or "ins", so in trying to find my own "ins" I have discovered properties I am highly interested in going through foreclosure. These foreclosures are possibilities in accomplishing my goal of owner occupying a 2 unit flat OR a single family home in which I house hack to friends in the area. But I have many questions... 

My limitation is the knowledge I don't have on how foreclosure timing works. I understand the court moving forward with foreclosure but I do not understand how long these take to become REO and posted for public. If I had enough capital, I would go to auction, after walk through, and consider buying at auction (given I knew all possibilities of of tax liens, etc) but at this moment, my connections and capital is not adequate.

So, do I find a realtor who specializes in foreclosure properties? Do I connect with someone who would private lend (given our relationship/businesship is good)? I am unsure on which steps to take next and would appreciate any success stories or advice from you all. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it so much!

-Olivia

Loading replies...