Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Scott B.
Votes |
Deceased Homeowner- No will- Need help getting property

Scott B.
Posted Oct 9 2019, 08:33
BP Family, I am a new member with a situation. I am trying to acquire a property is Raleigh NC. The homeowners passed away over 8 years ago, no dependents. Property went to the surviving family members (9 siblings and their kids if sibling passed). Currently 1 member has been caring for the property for years paying taxes and upkeep to avoid foreclosure. Caregiver is tired of paying taxes and what to get rid of the property. I have spoke with a real estate lawyer and they have informed me that I have to get signatures of all the living members and or their children if deceased to sign over their claim to me in the home since the original owners did not have a will. I have acquired roughly 27 signatures- still have about 10-15 to go. Some folks are unwilling to sign and some live out of state and no one knows how to contact them. The caregiver feels that since he has paid taxes for over 8 years he is the owner and he should be able to do as he wants since he has paid taxes and provided upkeep. Is there a easy way for me to work directly with the caregiver of the property and not have to go through the hassle of all these signatures. Caregiver is the only one who has invested interested in this house and wants out of it due to old age and increased taxes. Thank you for your time.

Loading replies...