• Investor
  • Stokesdale, NC
Votes |
Buying a HUD property in NC

Rhonda R.
  • Investor
  • Stokesdale, NC
Posted May 1 2013, 22:42

I have been reading BP for a few months now and trying to learn about real estate investing. I am beyond frustrated with dealing with real estate agents. I just placed my first bid on a HUD home and won the bid (list price over $79,000; my bid slightly over $50,000 and the tax value is over $130,000). I am extremely upset because after being told HUD accepted the bid, I'm now being told that the agent put the bid in as 'owner occupant' and that he put in that I'm using FHA funding. Neither is correct and the agent knew this as I (at length) explained to the agent that I'm purchasing the property for an investment and will be flipping it within a 2-3 months. My question to anyone with experience with HUD (specifically in NC) can a NC provisional broker submit bids to HUD? I'm seriously thinking about getting my NC real estate license solely for the purposes of being able to bid for HUD homes on my own behalf. Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated! I have already learned so much just from reading articles on BP, I know there's someone out there that can provide me direction! Thank you!

Loading replies...