Sample deal package for investors

6 Replies

I'm trying to create a sample deal package for investors in my syndication, but I'm running into a issue. I can't find sales history for apartments in the size I'm looking for... any sales history at that. I'm convinced I'm looking in the wrong place because I know that information is out there. Can anyone lead me in the right direction to look?

A broker with access to CoStar or other reports should be able to help pull sales history.

What are you using this for related to your sample deal?

Originally posted by @Adam Lacey:

A broker with access to CoStar or other reports should be able to help pull sales history.

What are you using this for related to your sample deal?

I want to use actual numbers from a property of the same size In the same area. Basically to show investors what their returns would be etc so that when I come across a deal of the same caliber they’re ready to go.

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor

Why do you need a sales history for a sample package? Or even for a real package? What a subject property sold for is irrelevant and showing that history may spook investors when they see that the price keeps going higher and higher.

@Jonathan Bell I would suggest using a deal that fits your investment criteria and not worrying about what another property sold for. If you're looking at syndicating multifamily right now, most deals are not going to pencil they way you want them to anyway.

Just get very clear on what you're looking for and paint that picture in your sample deal. For mine, I used a property that I was underwriting and just changed the names, photos...etc. I'm happy to share if you're interested.