Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Bhushan Shinkre
Votes |
1031 into Multi-family

Bhushan Shinkre
Posted May 21 2023, 18:22

Hello! I've got a couple of investment properties (condo, townhome) in Chicago with overall market value of $500K+ that I'd like to 1031 exchange into better performing small MFR properties. Planning on individual exchanges to maximize sale but could look into possibility of a consolidated one. It really depends on strategy. I also have multi-family (duplexes) in Indianapolis and SFH in Birmingham, AL. I really like Indianapolis and KC as terrific markets for multi-family, but inventory is extremely low and hard to find good deals. Would love to hear more from folks who are going through or have gone through recent exchanges either in these markets or are there better MFR markets to look into that provide excellent ROI (1% rental yield, 10%+ cap rate, etc.). I'm open to creative ideas such as an established STR / AirBnB SFH in an established vacation market. Also open to part 1031 exchange and part creative financing options (traditional, DSCR, etc.) to maximize the replacement ROI. All ideas are welcome and appreciate them!!

Loading replies...