• Central Falls, Philadelphia
Votes |
Pets policies?

Abou C.
  • Wholesaler
  • Central Falls, Philadelphia
Posted Aug 13 2014, 00:30

Hello

Plan on acquiring a 2-4 unit multifamily pproperty in the RI/MA area next year. I understand most people have some type of pet wether it's a dog or cat to name a few, what are some policies have you used for pets in your property.

1. What breed do you allow or don't?, and why?

2.  Do you add pet liability to your insurance policy if pets are allowed on site?. If so what is the liability requirement i.e $100k

3. Will the tenant show proof  of "liability insurance"?.

4. Big or small dog?, and do you inspect the dog to see if generally "friendly" and "none aggressive"

5. Do you require extra fee, such as $50 per month on top of rent?, if so is it legal? because I have heard mix reviews on this. 

6. Will you require "pet deposit?" such as $500, if unit has carpet or $100 if tile?, on top of the deposit?. 

7. What other ways do you protect your self besides insurance i.e renters contract stating pets?.

8. Have you ever encounter legal issues because of a pet owner?. 

9. If pets are allowed and I understand some people do not clean after their pets, do you visit your property more?. 

10. What have you done or will do if a tenant brings a pet, and your contract/policies states no pets allowed?. 

Loading replies...