• Wholesaler
  • Central Falls, Philadelphia
Votes |
Smokers?

Abou C.
  • Wholesaler
  • Central Falls, Philadelphia
Posted Jan 7 2015, 06:08

Haven't acquired a property yet, but in the process of learning and earning but before 2015 closes will for SURE. But as a none smoker and none drug user, how have you dealt with renters who are smokers?.  Are smokers a protected class?, and i understand there are pro and cons to everything in life. But would it be wrong or financially stupid to not rent to smokers?.

1. Allowing smokers, but you can't smoke in the property or outside of it?, am I going to far and will this turn someone who smokes but the right tenant off?.

2.  How have you dealt with smokers or the use of drugs in your properties, and what legal measures via contracts prior to renting have you put in place. 

3. I understand weed smoking and growing is what most people are doing, and I personally  don't care what someone does to themselves as long it does no affect me or on my property. What has your experience has been with drugs or smokers and how you solved this wold be problem. Unfortunately people find grey areas to explore or holes you missed and use it against you!. 

Again stupid question, but wondering because someones smoking in one unit at night can start a fire or plus smoking usually get into carpets and etc!. 

Loading replies...