Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 3 votes
I have been in real estate since July 1st 2015. Since I started I have sold roughly $10m in real estate, done 1 flip, & 1 wholesale. After being in the business this short, I can feel personal short comings of being an agent Vs Investor.
My friend is a builder in Houston,Texas so I plan on moving out there. Learn how to build the product I sell for 8-12 months, and then figure out where I am at from there.
In the process I am planning on buying 3/4 unit outside of the city in Houston.
Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 349 posts · 142 votes
9y
@Loren Miner Don't let being an agent slow you down. It should be a great asset. I think you will really like the market in Houston. When you say you are going to learn how to build, are you going to focus on building new homes yourself or just get a better handle of all the aspects of a house to help you know what type of work to do?
Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 26 posts · 3 votes
9y
@ Jeremy Pakalka Thank you for the words of encouragement. Love this real estate industry in general, just don't want to specialize as a residential real estate agent. I will be on the construction site building the homes physically, but the goal is to learn all the different steps from pre-construction to the buyers hands. The goal is to overall have the best understanding of costs, process, materials, time frames for different pieces, etc.
Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 349 posts · 142 votes
9y
@Loren Miner The knowledge you gain on the exact details of a build will be priceless. It will give you so much more confidence on putting together a rehab that is realistic. This in turn will really help you in buying or selling distressed properties. This also reminds me of one of my favorite childhood shows...."Knowing is half the battle!"