Need Help On Deal 22 -1 bedroom units + 4 unit building!

Need Help On Deal 22 -1 bedroom units + 4 unit building!

Investor · King of Prussia, PA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 339 votes

Good day BP! I recently came across 26 units (22 one bedroom unit + 4 three -1 bedroom & 1- 3 bedroom) The seller is asking for $1,250,000 and I offer $1,040,000 after underwriting the financials. Seller countered $1,210,000 and my counter was his full asking but no down payment and low terms or $1,040,000 cash. 

I thought the deal was dead when the seller said the lowest he'll take is $1,210,000 until my broker informed that the seller is willing to finance $175K for 5 years if I pay $1,040,000 cash. Seems like a good offer but if I accept, the real fun begins because I'll looking for hard money/private money. The seller didn't want to do a seller financing or master lease so for all the experience investors out there what would you do? How should I proceed? Thank you in advance!

0Reply
13 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Morrisville, NC · Member since 2015 · 610 posts · 131 votes
    9y

    @Ayodeji Kuponiyi What are you putting into the deal?  Or are you looking for 100% financing?

  • Investor · King of Prussia, PA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 339 votes
    9y

    @Nathan Click Ideally I'm trying to put down a little money but I can put $25K towards it. Unless I find hard money for full purchase.

  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @Ayodeji Kuponiyi When you ran your numbers and came up with your value at $1.2M why would you pay $1.2M for it?  Is there a value add opportunity available to you?  

  • Investor · King of Prussia, PA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 339 votes
    9y

    @Shawn Ackerman There is a value play in this building. Bringing up the rents and light cosmetic in the kitchen and bathroom.

  • Lender · Morrisville, NC · Member since 2015 · 610 posts · 131 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Ayodeji Kuponiyi:

    @Nathan Click Ideally I'm trying to put down a little money but I can put $25K towards it. Unless I find hard money for full purchase.

    So you are looking for pretty close to 100% financing (98% in this case).  That's a tough deal but the seller financing makes it possible. 

    Your capital stack would have to look something like this:

    - 70% Primary Lender 

    - 14% Seller Carry / secondary lender (this is the $175K)  

    - 14% Equity provider 

    - 2% You

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.