Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Adam L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Military member looking for a partner in MF!

Adam L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Aug 20 2017, 06:28

Hello, all! My name is Adam and my wife and I are in the Air Force stationed outside of the country. I have been kicking around for a while doing the analysis paralysis stalemate with myself looking at SFH housing in the Tampa area and I think I finally need to start looking for a partner to help get me rolling. As @Brandon Turner always says, 50% of a good deal is better than 100% of no deal.

That being said, my wife and I are avid savers and have been wanting to get into real estate investing for a couple of years now. We have approximately $150k for immediate investing cash on hand, we save at a rate of approximately $6k a month so we have the free cash for monthly payments, we have fantastic credit, and we have the desire to get things rolling! We are obviously new to this stuff when it comes to purchasing properties and especially when partnering up; however, I have been looking for deals for a while and I am pretty strict so with the hot market and my limited access being stationed overseas, the numbers on the properties I find end up not being acceptable.

I prefer to start looking at multifamily, and preferably smaller apartments, for multiple reasons. I feel the capital I have, the amount of monthly free cash I have on hand, and the smoking market in SFH in the Tampa area is killing my SFH chances. Of course I like the idea of having more doors to help spread the risk as well.

All that said, I would love to get some advice on finding a partner or hopefully even talk to a few people looking for a partner. I, being out of the country and having a very full time job, have limited ability to have boots on the ground, but I can certainly offer the ability to provide stable funds, assist in analysis, have a small group of family/friends who can assist in the Tampa area, and work hard to gain as much knowledge as I can.

Thank you all for your time and help in advance!

Loading replies...