Las Vegas Multifamily Investing

8 Replies

Hi there BP community. I am very interested in the multifamily space especially properties that are 32+ units in size and in the middle working class affordable housing range. I would love to connect with anyone that is actively participating in this space in the Las Vegas area. Is there anyone from the BP forums actively investing in this type of multifamily product that is local and willing to connect or maybe regularly attending meet ups in the area? I would be very happy to help anyone in this space further succeed with their current operations just to get some experience and insight on this strategy.

I also really would like to learn how to syndicate deals. Can anyone point me to any resources that will help me learn this strategy of funding deals? I have my eye on one book called "It's a Whole New Business!: The how-to book of syndicated investment real estate". I am looking for anything I can get my hands on to soak up as much knowledge as possible on the topic.

I know the multifamily space in Las Vegas is kind of a unique one versus a lot of areas but I am surprised nobody had any response! I have yet to meet someone still.

Have you attended any meetups?  You might start there, although be ready for a sales pitch depending on which one you go to.   Like you,  I am looking to connect locally with multifamily investors here in Tucson.  Good luck.

I'm looking to syndicate my first deal on a similar size building over the next 12 months or so. Starting to put together investors now.

I live in Las Vegas, though I think it's unlikely we will invest here.

If you find a productvie meetup regarding this though, I would be interested.

@Colby Fryar There is a meet up I believe on Oct 26th specifically for MF investors that I can't attend due to my work schedule but I have attended a meet up and I am looking to go to more. Mainly have found many folks that are in the SFR flipping, wholesale, wholetailing, assignment game.

Awesome that your excited about investing. While you're driving or walking your dogs, listen to some mf podcasts.   Here's a few I listen to. Old Capital Michael Blank Kevin Bupp Sometimes if you can't find a group, maybe you can form a Meetup in your area that's specific for your goals. Plus, it's a great method to network and gain more knowledge with other local investors. Never know where it may lead.

There are two meetup groups that I know of in the Las Vegas area, but only one that I know that is local. The other is online. Barri Griffiths run a meetup that is meeting on Oct. 28 with a guest speaker on getting a loan from banks to fund multi-family deals. 

https://www.meetup.com/Las-Vegas-multifamily-syndi...

I've met up with him once and also attended his last meetup which I found to be quite informative. His meetups are geared towards beginners so you might be interested.

Originally posted by @Vincent T. :

There are two meetup groups that I know of in the Las Vegas area, but only one that I know that is local. The other is online. Barri Griffiths run a meetup that is meeting on Oct. 28 with a guest speaker on getting a loan from banks to fund multi-family deals. 

https://www.meetup.com/Las-Vegas-multifamily-syndi...

I've met up with him once and also attended his last meetup which I found to be quite informative. His meetups are geared towards beginners so you might be interested.

Barri is one of the coolest dudes, runs a good group here, and is local. Sin City REIA will be starting one in 2018.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.