Northern New Jersey flipping homes

18 Replies

Steve Vucetic Northern New Jersey

I want to get into the flipping business. I have been using realtors for months spinning my wheels not getting anywhere. Can somewhat guide me and tell me how do I get started?

You a contractor?

How are you sourcing properties? Is it through realtors? That’s probably not going to get you there in Jersey.

Any relations with wholesalers?

Thanks for replying. I've been using a couple Realtors they cannot find what I'm looking for. How do I find wholesaler? Is that the way to go? 

Steve you should go to networking events to find wholesalers. There are a couple of them I have been to. You can find them on meetup.com.

Thanks. I will look that up.

Auction properties: Auction.com, Homepath, Williams and Williams, Realtybid, look up other auction sites. Start to visit some auction properties in your area to get an idea of what they sell for, what kind of work they need, learn about ARV (after repair value), get an idea of the overall numbers, there is a lot of room to make money when you buy distressed properties. Find a good contractor who might partner with you on deals (s/he does the work, you arrange financing, you split profits 50/50). Find a realtor who specializes in auction/bank owned properties. Listen to the Podcasts!

Does does anyone have connections in northern New Jersey with wholesaler? Someone can coach me and guide me to start up the business?

Thanks for the response. Do you know anyone can mentor Me by getting started finding the deals looking to start in the northern Suburban areas?

My friends have a house in Bloomingdale on a lake. Aka, the Money Pit.

Attend the auction.com in 2 weeks in Jersey and meet up with Luis Leiva. He mentors.

Are real estate auction sites such as Realtybid.com a good/reliable place to start buying investment properties?

What are the pros and cons of buying real estate on auction sites, if any?

This post has been removed.

have you looked into bank owned my realtor sells a bunch of those if u can spend what it takes to get the places up tp par there should be room to flip

@Sveta Vucetic It's all about hustle and getting it done. For those that know my story, they can definitely vouch for that. The one problem that most people have is A. Sourcing leads and getting deals and B. Capital for funding, Are you having problems with only A or B as well? If you are relying on only realtors to bring you deals, you are going to be spinning wheels for years not to mention wheels. Off-Market deals are the best way to go, only the big guys and the real deal people get first pick on the REALLY good off-market deals, so target those people and try to affiliate with them more. Any more questions, please reach out to me. I would be glad to help you out. 

I'm always looking for 3 families in Newark I buy and hold a lot... if anyone has any 3 families let me know I may buy them

Can someone guide me direct me that knows how to help me get started with the flipping business in northern New Jersey. Trying to get started  

Steve

Originally posted by @Mateusz Prawdzik :

@Sveta Vucetic It's all about hustle and getting it done. For those that know my story, they can definitely vouch for that. The one problem that most people have is A. Sourcing leads and getting deals and B. Capital for funding, Are you having problems with only A or B as well? If you are relying on only realtors to bring you deals, you are going to be spinning wheels for years not to mention wheels. Off-Market deals are the best way to go, only the big guys and the real deal people get first pick on the REALLY good off-market deals, so target those people and try to affiliate with them more. Any more questions, please reach out to me. I would be glad to help you out. 

I'm having problems finding the leads.

This post has been removed.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.