2018 Top Multi-Family Markets for Cashflow

9 Replies

What are your 2018 top multi-family markets in the US for acquiring class B and C, value add, cash flowing, long-term hold properties and why?

@Sven Simon   Great opportunities across the Midwest. 

I am currently focused on multifamily investing in DFW. Here are a few things that position Dallas for continued growth and would help me to identify other markets for investment.

• Strong job and population growth.
  • Corporate headquarters relocating from across the country to DFW.
  • Diverse industries - Finance, airlines, oil & gas, etc
  • Limited geographic barriers to new development & economic success
  • Large institutional investment across MF, retail, office and industrial.

Hi Sven

New Braunfels Texas area has a lot of new MFH development in-progress right now.  Location is about half way between San Antonio and Austin.  Very active market in my opinion.  If Amazon chose to build a HQ in Austin, this area will go crazy (my guess)

Good luck

Any thoughts on Knoxville TN? We are beginning to dab in to this market but are still fairly new. Thanks

@Ryan Cox : Thanks for jumping on it. Are you an operator or investor? And are you doing new developments or add-value deals? I've heard and read quite a bit about DFW have already have already had a few phone conversations with local operators.

@Francois Frigon : Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll add New Braunsfeld to my list to explore further. What's your investments criteria there?

@Jordan Moorhead : I'll take a look.

Purchase price no more than $360k (New construction, and you will find many in NB)

12% cash-on-cash return with 20% down and 20yr loan at 5%.  Rent is around $1650 for these class A duplex

Dallas, San Antonio and Houston for me. These markets are close to me and have great projected job growth.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here