Jake and Gino Academy

Jake and Gino Academy

Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 39 votes

Good afternoon,

Was looking to potentially join the Jake and Gino Elite Academy, Jake Stenziano and Gino Barbaro.  Have heard a lot of good things about these guys.  Just wanted to do my due diligence before diving in. Was looking to see if anyone has gone through their program.  If so, what were the things you benefitted the most from? Least?

Thanks in advance!

Dillon

6Reply
132 views

Most Popular Reply

Gino BarbaroPro Member
Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y

@Scott Skinger

@Hadar Orkibi

Hi guys

The only way a product or academy is worth the money is if the individual sees it as an investment and not a cost.

You are both extremely intelligent and driven.  The favorite part of our group is the private FB group and the community itself, a bunch of amazing investors all willing to share their wins, successes as well as their shortcomings to help each other. I learn just as much from the community as they learn from us.

Another important point to consider. We are still buying in this market and will continue. Education is not our core business but an offshoot. You have heard me talk about multifaceted Multifamily. You can't teach if you are not doing.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Gino

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    Dillon McGough what is the cost of the program ?
  • Investor · Houlton, ME · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 40 votes
    8y
    I’d be interested as well
  • Hadar OrkibiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · USA / NZ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 812 votes
    8y

    Hi @Account Closed I'm a member of the Academy. 

    These guys are the real deal and very approachable. The Academe has online courses step by step process teaching you everything you need to know about MF investing. 

    From Buying Right, Repositioning, Managing and Financing right. 

    There is also a lot of mindset and goal setting, online tools & Documents etc etc.

    I couldn't be happier with the program and the "extras" that Jake and Gino bring to the members on regular bases. there are weekly live calls /webinars and we just started a Mastermind group. 

    Check out the free private Facebook group, this is a good complimentary to the Academy. but to be honest, I just think it a no brainier joining the academy, the product is awesome and as mentioned great value for money. Gino is there answering questions which is pretty much close to having a 1 on one Mentor.

  • Rental Property Investor · Barrington, IL · Member since 2017 · 208 posts · 310 votes
    8y

    +1 on @Hadar Orkibi's feedback. I'm a member. Their framework is solid, the content is solid and they genuinely care about your success. If you're on the fence, check out their podcast and all of the free content on their site...lots of good stuff. Or buy their book and see if it resonates with you.

    Gino has personally helped me out on the phone, via email or through the weekly call on three different occasions. Very generous with his time and all around solid guy. And BTW, they have a conference in Nashville, October I believe. Another chance to network and learn for a low cost of entry.

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    These things all sound great Scott Skinger and Hadar Orkibi but what does it cost? Is t a couple hundred or a couple thousand ?
  • Hadar OrkibiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · USA / NZ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 812 votes
    8y

    Its very affordable, the full academy is somewhere between $1000-$1500.

    They are also selling some of the products separately, but the full academy is including all the courses. Jump on the website @Caleb Heimsoth check it out hear or just contact Gino. 

    I would go for the full Academy, to be honest it could easy be at list 5 times more! 

    The beauty about it is that you can do it from everywhere you are in the world!!! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Barrington, IL · Member since 2017 · 208 posts · 310 votes
    8y

    @Caleb Heimsoth I was about to give you a smart *** answer about using Google or your web browser. ;) But, it looks like they changed things up and it is not clear. I paid $1000 for the online course and "lifetime" access to their mastermind group which includes the weekly calls, etc. It looks like they changed things up a bit and you're "applying" to be part of their mastermind group. The best person to answer is @Gino Barbaro himself. Gino, do you mind providing some feedback?

  • Gino BarbaroPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Scott Skinger

    @Hadar Orkibi

    Hi guys

    The only way a product or academy is worth the money is if the individual sees it as an investment and not a cost.

    You are both extremely intelligent and driven.  The favorite part of our group is the private FB group and the community itself, a bunch of amazing investors all willing to share their wins, successes as well as their shortcomings to help each other. I learn just as much from the community as they learn from us.

    Another important point to consider. We are still buying in this market and will continue. Education is not our core business but an offshoot. You have heard me talk about multifaceted Multifamily. You can't teach if you are not doing.

    Thanks for the kind words guys!

    Gino

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 39 votes
    8y

    @Caleb Heimsoth @John Harvell the cost of the elite program is $2900.  

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 39 votes
    8y

    Hi everyone,

    I just wanted to give those interested in Jake and Gino a quick update.  I could not be any happier that I decided to join the Jake and Gino family.  I have been drinking from a fire hose the past few years listening to podcasts, reading books, surfing bigger pockets, and although I've made progress,  it doesn't compare to the education I'm receiving from these guys.  @Gino Barbaro and I spent an hour together on a zoom call to tailor a business plan specifically for me.  This is a guy who is out there doing BIG things and knows that no two people will take the exact same path to success in the real estate game.  The business plan session alone has given me a plan of action, and the confidence to execute.   I truly think what I've paid to work with these guys is a drop in the bucket compared to the return on investment I'm going to receive.  The interest he takes in seeing all of his students succeed is apparent, and it's incredible to see someone with so much going on make himself so accessible to all of his students. 

    This review doesn't do the academy justice .  I hope those on the fence dive in to see what the Jake and Gino family can do for you. 

    Thank you, @Gino Barbaro! Big thank you to Josh Roosen, as well.  Wouldn't have joined if it wasn't for him. 

    -Dillon  

  • Gino BarbaroPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Account Closed

    Hi Dillon,

    I truly appreciate the uplifting and motivational words.  There are so many of us who are skeptics and want to approach life by ourselves.

    I have learned to be successful in life you need to surround yourself with people better than yourself and you need to be held accountable. This is what we are trying to create with Jake & Gino.

    Getting on calls with motivated members like you is awesome and makes my job fun and rewarding.  I actually learn just as much from my students as they do, and my knowledge and skills will only increase with each interaction.

    I am looking forward to growing with you and having fun on your journey to financial freedom.

    Thanks again!!

    with gratitude,

    Gino

  • Real Estate Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2009 · 271 posts · 52 votes
    8y

    what’s the name of the Facebook group ?

  • John FortesPro Member
    Multi-Family Syndicator · Abington, MA · Member since 2017 · 603 posts · 347 votes
    8y

    My partner @MItchell Comeau and I are also members of J&G. The learning they applied from the FB group, the webinars, to the online courses has accelerated my knowledge. We definitely see the benefit in what is an investment to our business. 

    Don't know where you are in your journey but its helping us approach and make our business a success. 

  • Investor · Cramerton, NC · Member since 2017 · 336 posts · 198 votes
    8y

    Hey All,

    I'm looking at Jake & Gino's program and considering it as an alternative to the Michael Blank program. 

    @Scott Skinger, @Account Closed, @John Fortes - you guys seem to be net promoters of the Jake & Gino coaching program.  Can you give quantitative feedback (it helped me do XXX) in addition to the qualitative (it's great, they are helpful) feedback you have already provided?

    The edge that the Michael Blank program has is that it seems to be more focused on how to syndicate deals not just buy right, manage right and finance right.  Does the Jake & Gino program also cover syndication?

    I'm looking for some specific feedback from investors that have worked with Jake & @Gino Barbaro that have been able to take specific actions to take their game to the next level and attribute that success to working with the guys.  Josh Roosen the community director for Jake & Gino is very helpful and provides a lot of positive marketing material. It would also be nice to hear some success direct from a student who can attribute their success directly to entering the program.

    They are all about teaching how to fish, not just handing the fish - which I totally subscribe to.  Looking to hear from some fishermen (or ladies!) who have caught whoppers using the rod, reel and techniques that Jake & Gino's program help you work with.

  • John FortesPro Member
    Multi-Family Syndicator · Abington, MA · Member since 2017 · 603 posts · 347 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Josh Stack:

    Hey All,

    I'm looking at Jake & Gino's program and considering it as an alternative to the Michael Blank program. 

    @Scott Skinger, , - you guys seem to be net promoters of the Jake & Gino coaching program.  Can you give quantitative feedback (it helped me do XXX) in addition to the qualitative (it's great, they are helpful) feedback you have already provided?

    The edge that the Michael Blank program has is that it seems to be more focused on how to syndicate deals not just buy right, manage right and finance right.  Does the Jake & Gino program also cover syndication? ...

    Couldn't be more happier with the program. At the end of the day we wanted to learn to buy, manage, and finance right. They also teach about syndication as well and the members of the community have dived into all realms of the business. If you need an answer, either @Jake Stenziano, @Gino Barbaro, or a community member has the answer you are looking for because of their experiences. You will also network and meet a ton of great like minded individuals such @Hadar Orkibi and @Dan Handford. 

    I can't speak on M. Blanks program but I can on J&G. Great investment for my partner and I as we move forward with our strategy and game plan. Much success to you Josh and I hope this helps. God bless!

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix/Lima, Arizona/OH · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Good afternoon,

    Was looking to potentially join the Jake and Gino Elite Academy, Jake Stenziano and Gino Barbaro.  Have heard a lot of good things about these guys.  Just wanted to do my due diligence before diving in. Was looking to see if anyone has gone through their program.  If so, what were the things you benefitted the most from? Least?

    Thanks in advance!

    Dillon

    Dillon,

    I know Mike, and I know Jake and Gino. I like all three on a personal level. It may be a bit unfair to qualify a teacher by the quantified achievements of students. After all, majority of folks signing up for these things will amount to absolutely nothing, and this is not the fault of Mike, Jake, or Gino.

    I, personally, don't know that syndication can be taught in a course setting. Unlike the smaller stuff, the rationale, and therefore the underwriting is much too fluid, and I haven't seen a spreadsheet yet that could be at once totally precise and totally stable. Mine is about 13 pages at this point, but it is not totally stable by design, for which reason I will never sell it. In order to make it stable, I'd have to limit precision, which would render it more or less useless. Thus, when I consult on this stuff, I walk people through the rationale, but I expect folks to build their own spreadsheet, and the functionality is a function of their depth of understanding of the dynamics.

    That said, likely the the best way to gain perspective on the mechanics might be to join once or twice as an LP.

  • Dan HandfordPro Member
    Investor · Lexington, SC · Member since 2018 · 779 posts · 501 votes
    8y

    @Account Closed I would suggest that you join both programs to compare them for yourself. You cannot judge the success or lack of success with how you will actually use either program. I can point to people that have joined both programs who have done absolutely nothing with either one, but this has nothing to do with the program or the people behind the program. Each program will work as long as you put the time, energy, and effort into digesting the training properly. If you were thinking about these as investments then you would join both of them. The people you will meet/network with in both programs will more than pay for the program itself.

    Finally, all I can say is that Jake & Gino pour their hearts into their members. You will NOT be dissappointed with their program and NO I am not getting paid to say any of this for them. I am just a very satisfied member of their group and look forward to continuing to work with them as well as meet all the new high level people through their networks.

  • Hadar OrkibiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · USA / NZ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 812 votes
    8y

    Rule #1 Invest in your self FIRST before investing in property!!!

    Jake and Gino Academy is affordable and represents great value. not just the content which is comprehensive and presented in an easy to understand way.

    The friendships and networking if you like i made there with like minded people is priceless!!!

  • Gino BarbaroPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Dan Handford

    Thanks for the kind words my friend. As we have discussed at length, people need to view education into multifamily as an investment, not a cost. Once you learn it, it will always be with you. And real estate is a team sport. I will guarantee you the vast majority of successful people in the business are in some terrific networks and groups and have built great teams.

    I have spent a serious amount of money on education, including going to life coaching school. I would not be on the beach today building another business and loving life if I had not invested in my education.

    Gino

  • Multifamily Investor · Nesconset, NY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Jake & Gino are the real deal. They have over 100 free podcasts with quality quests. They also give away a lot of free info including a free book which I recommend to all my new multifamily investors contacts.  They have built a multi-faceted company from the ground up in a few short years and will lay out a blueprint for you to follow in their footsteps. I have not enrolled in their course but if I was just starting out, I would. I have read their book and listened to over half of their podcasts. I have been to their first networking event last Oct in Knoxville and I am attending the next one in Oct in Nashville. I can't say enough good things about these guys.

  • Rental Property Investor · Barrington, IL · Member since 2017 · 208 posts · 310 votes
    8y

    @Josh Stack Sorry for the delayed response here and to your PM. Instead of responding to your PM, I will respond here to share views with the public. For the most part, I agree with the above posts by @Ben Leybovich and @Dan Handford.

    First off, it is very hard/impossible to give you a "quantitative" answer, that's just not realistic. Why? Because, I've purchased Jake & Gino's course/program and gone through probably 1/2. I've also purchased Michael Blank's course and gone through 2/3. I use MB's SDA everyday and have educated myself pretty thoroughly on it. In addition, I go to conferences/meetups, host an MF mastermind group, talk to brokers, talk to other investors, talk to attorneys/banks/PMs daily, go on property tours, listen to podcasts, read BP posts and more. I also have 15+ years as an entrepreneur in the tech world. All of these collective experiences contribute to my knowledge and experience. Right now I have 5 deals under contract with a couple different partners. Which of the above is directly responsible for these deals? What is the % share that each have contributed to my knowledge to get these deals? Don't ask me...I have no  clue. 

    Another thing I have learned...the more I learn about MF/REI investing the more I realize that there is to learn. Every opened door leads to 10 more doors to learn/open behind it. That's overwhelming or exciting, just depends on how you look at it. I find it exciting.

    Regard Jake & Gino specifically. They have a great program, great course and great community. I have spoken with @Gino Barbaro on several occasions, he is a wealth of knowledge and genuinely cares. I believe in their product but more importantly I believe in their integrity and the power of their community.

    Similar to Gino's words above, I believe that education is an investment. I like to quantify this by setting a budget for my goals. For example, it might be something like."I want to learn MF investing in 2018 and purchase 100 units. In order to do this I need to educate myself. I'm willing to invest $5000 in my education to accomplish these goals. This includes conferences, courses, one on one calls, anything. What is the highest and best use of my time and money?" Pick and choose wisely but don't suffer from analysis paralysis. 

    If I had to do it over again, I would buy both J&G's course and Michael Blank's course. They both have great information, open your mind and open the door to other opportunities to learn, network and grow.

    Good Luck!

  • Gino BarbaroPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Josh Stack @Scott Skinger

    the bottom line is that Scott is a MIH guy. Period. He could have bought almost any type of multifamily education and he would succeed because he has a defined "why" and a track record of success in his life. Ironically, every time I've spoken to him, I learn just as much. That is what is called community, and no stand alone education product will give you that. You need to focus also on the community and the community members. I have been blessed to attract Josh Roosen who works for us, and more importantly, amazing members who share their knowledge, experience and journey with others and who are there to take action.

    Look for a community that will hold you accountable!

    Gino

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 39 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Ben Leybovich:
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Good afternoon,

    Was looking to potentially join the Jake and Gino Elite Academy, Jake Stenziano and Gino Barbaro.  Have heard a lot of good things about these guys.  Just wanted to do my due diligence before diving in. Was looking to see if anyone has gone through their program.  If so, what were the things you benefitted the most from? Least?

    Thanks in advance!

    Dillon

    Dillon,

    I know Mike, and I know Jake and Gino. I like all three on a personal level. It may be a bit unfair to qualify a teacher by the quantified achievements of students. After all, majority of folks signing up for these things will amount to absolutely nothing, and this is not the fault of Mike, Jake, or Gino.

    I, personally, don't know that syndication can be taught in a course setting. Unlike the smaller stuff, the rationale, and therefore the underwriting is much too fluid, and I haven't seen a spreadsheet yet that could be at once totally precise and totally stable. Mine is about 13 pages at this point, but it is not totally stable by design, for which reason I will never sell it. In order to make it stable, I'd have to limit precision, which would render it more or less useless. Thus, when I consult on this stuff, I walk people through the rationale, but I expect folks to build their own spreadsheet, and the functionality is a function of their depth of understanding of the dynamics.

    That said, likely the the best way to gain perspective on the mechanics might be to join once or twice as an LP.

    Hi Ben, 

    I think this answer was directed towards Josh Stack.  I joined the program well over three months ago and couldn't be happier with the blueprint @Gino Barbaro has laid out for me.

    Dillon McGough

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 23 votes
    8y

    @Gino Barbaro 

    I'm looking at joining a coaching program in the near future and am curious about the different packages you offer.  Can you go into more detail on the course material and structure of each package?  

    It also seems like a lot of the guys in this thread have developed a good relationship with you.  After looking at your website I see there are many online courses, but how are your students able to communicate and build a relationship with you?

    Thanks

  • Gino BarbaroPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @John Stoeber

    Hi John

    You can PM me and we can continue the conversation.  Life is all about relationships and connections, and I love to talk real estate.

    Gino

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.