Michael Blanks Syndicated Deal Analyzer

12 Replies

Hey guys,  

Is anyone currently using Michael Blanks Syndicated Deal Analyzer to analyze and close deals? I don't mind spending money on a quality resource, but I would like some feedback from people who are actually in the game. The next step I'm taking is putting together a sample deal package and I want a tool to analyze the numbers. Thanks! 

Originally posted by @Josh Detweiler :

Hey guys,  

Is anyone currently using Michael Blanks Syndicated Deal Analyzer to analyze and close deals? I don't mind spending money on a quality resource, but I would like some feedback from people who are actually in the game. The next step I'm taking is putting together a sample deal package and I want a tool to analyze the numbers. Thanks! 

Can you put together a comprehensive spreadsheet that includes the variables you need, in less than 30 minutes without making an error in what you need and how it is computed? didn't think so.

For the price, I believe it's just over a $100, it's a "makes sense" purchase. I've built & used my specialized spreadsheet for over 25 years and there is no way I'd sell mine, let alone at that price. Yes, if you don't have the background to write your own, you need good tools to start with and that is one of many. 

The SDA is an excellent tool.  If you plan to pursue syndication, or just purchase multifamily in general, it's top notch.  @Michael Blank has numerous educational resources to check out

Will this work also for retail shops? I am in the initial stage of putting a deal together and I am looking for a tool that will save me time. I do understand the value that a tool like this brings and don't mind paying for it, if it does what I need.

The SDA is a great tool for the price.  I was creating my own Excel spreadsheet when I came across Michael Blank's SDA and now use almost exclusively.  Also, if you have your own spreadsheet, good tool to validate your work.

Thanks for the input Mike! 

Originally posted by Account Closed:

Can you put together a comprehensive spreadsheet that includes the variables you need, in less than 30 minutes without making an error in what you need and how it is computed? didn't think so.

For the price, I believe it's just over a $100, it's a "makes sense" purchase. I've built & used my specialized spreadsheet for over 25 years and there is no way I'd sell mine, let alone at that price. Yes, if you don't have the background to write your own, you need good tools to start with and that is one of many. 

@Josh Detweiler

Thanks for the website mention! Just got that up and running, nice to be able to showcase some of my BRRR projects. Keep us all posted on how you use the SDA. I have gotten a ton of value out of it!

We purchased it and my partner loves it. Knowing my partner, he would've created this same spreadsheet but it would've taken him time to get it to where we would've liked it. This allowed us to shortcut that. Worth the purchase. Hope this helps!

Yes, I just purchased it a few weeks ago. I've analyzed around a dozen properties so far. I really like it and it helps a lot to run it in conjunction with his training videos for the first few runs, as there'd quite a few steps to remember.