I am looking for property management company for managing 6-12 units multifamily in Tampa and Orlando. Anyone to recommend? Thank you!!
@Yannes Chiang I recommend you take the actionable approach and search on BP (and via Google for that matter) for either property management companies' recommendations or active MFH investors in the area that can recommend you good ones!
@Yannes Chiang here are some good questions to ask when interviewing your next property manager:
- How long have you been a property manager?
- How long have you been a manager in this area?
- How many vacancies do you have right now? Out of how many total units under management?
- What is the average length of time it takes to fill a vacancy?
- What is your late rent policy?
- What percentage of tenants do you have to evict?
- How does the eviction process work here?
- What are your management fees?
- What do you charge for recruiting new tenants?
- Do you charge for monitoring and maintaining vacant units?
- What are my guarantees?
- Do you also market properties as a broker?
- If I decide to sell my property, do I have to list it with you?
- Can I see some of the other properties you manage?(Of course you will probably not be able to see inside rented apartments or offices.But you should be able to see common areas and grounds.)
- How do you market your apartments?
- Do you recommend special incentives for tenants?
- If I want additional marketing for specific vacant units, how would we arrange that?
- How do you screen prospects?
- How do your tenants contact you?
Let me know if you have any questions.
@Yannes Chiang Easy way: Google, search function on BP forums, referrals from agents/brokers/lenders and interview PMs
Hard way: posting on the forum without doing the above and waiting for a response ;)
@Craig Bellot thank you for sharing the list!