Best Recommendation for Books on Multifamily investing

Best Recommendation for Books on Multifamily investing

Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes

I'm looking to purchase a few new books online for Multifamily investing(interested in more practical knowledge than theory) any recommendations? 

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · St. Paul, MN · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7y

Michael Blanks new book

David Lindhal's books

Ken McElroy's books

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Milford, PA · Member since 2014 · 395 posts · 299 votes
    8y

    @Manny Cirino A search will supply plenty but here are some of my favorites.

    Wheelbarrow of Profits by Gino Barbara

    The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Houses by Steve Berges

    Lifetime Cash Flow Through Multifamily Properties by Rod Khleif

    I have not read it yet but The ABCs of Real Estate by Ken McElroy is very well liked by many. I intend on reading this next month.

    One last one though not Multifamily more how to think creatively when dealing with Real Estate is 

    Blue Ocean Opportunities in Commercial Real Estate by Cherif Medawar It's only in kindle format but well worth the $3.

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Beside all what Neil Schoepp's  recommendation I would add couple more:

    Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing by Michael Blank, I'm reading right now,

    Emerging Real Estate Markets by David Lindahl

    How to Make Big Money in Small Apartments by Lance A. Edwards

    How to Create Wealth Investing in Real Estate by Grant Cardone 

    The Perfect Investment by Paul Moore.

  • Wadsworth, OH · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    • I second "How to Create Wealth Investing in Real Estate by Grant Cardone" -- it's brand new, but eye-opening. And it's not about buying duplexes or fourplexes either. His podcasts are a little nuts, but I do learn from them. 
    • "The ABCs of Real Estate by Ken McElroy" is a good primer on the whole industry, but doesn't focus on MF.
    • I really enjoyed "Crushing It" by Brian Murray. If you're looking to get into apartments and want to run your own property management company as part of your business this guy seems to have it down. 
    • I've not read Michael Blank's book, but I plan to as I enjoy his podcasts.
  • Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 224 posts · 333 votes
    8y

    @Neil Schoepp’s recommendations are solid.  Jake & Gino’s book, Ken McElroy’s books (he has written two on apartment investing) and Rod Khleif’s book will provide you with a very solid foundation.  I recommend that you stop reading as your primary means of education after you finish these books and transition to active participation in your investing activities.  Reading can always be used as a supplement but it’s important to start taking action and avoid getting stuck in the passive education cycle.

    @Joe Fairless has just published a book on apartment syndication.  While it’s available for pre-order only at this time, I’m familiar with the content and it will be very good.

  • Rental Property Investor · Glen Rock, NJ · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    @Manny Cirino I'd start with the two of David Lindahl books: the multifamily millions and emerging markets. If you need more recommendations, I have the whole library link. PM for details.

    Best!

  • Multifamily Investor · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 176 posts · 182 votes
    8y

    Just wanted to thank @John Jacobus for writing this gem in here.  

    "I recommend that you stop reading as your primary means of education after you finish these books and transition to active participation in your investing activities. Reading can always be used as a supplement but it’s important to start taking action and avoid getting stuck in the passive education cycle."

    SO TRUE

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2016 · 258 posts · 177 votes
    8y
    @Manny Cirino Best RealEstate investing Ever by Joe Fairless Volume 2 is step by step Multifamily Investing and also comes with a lot of free goodies and books. https://joefairless.com/book-2/
  • Specialist · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings by Steve Berges is an excellent read

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 144 posts · 100 votes
    8y
    @Manny Cirino The books already mentioned are great. If you’re just starting out in multifamily I would recommend Michael Blank’s book “Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing.” It is a simple read with clear, actionable information.
  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    8y

    Thank You @Matt Engle actionable is exactly what I am looking for I like practical information as well as case studies.

    @Kay Kay Singh Thank you too! I just seen your podcast interview with Jake & Gino great story.

  • Real Estate Attorney · Manhattan, NY · Member since 2014 · 129 posts · 106 votes
    7y
    @Manny Cirino My favorite is blue ocean opportunities in commercial real estate - incredibly motivating and detailed plus a real story of one of the best real estate gurus whom I met after that and applied his strategy to make money successfully Btw he practically gives the book away for $2 to help others - well Cherif Medawar, the author is worth millions so he can afford it but the key thing is the content is amazing https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ocean-Opportunities-Commercial-Estate-ebook/dp/B00EKNF71U
  • Rental Property Investor · St. Paul, MN · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    Michael Blanks new book

    David Lindhal's books

    Ken McElroy's books

  • Rental Property Investor · Huntington, NY · Member since 2016 · 102 posts · 74 votes
    7y

    @Manny Cirino I will echo the Dave Lindahl books (Multi-Family Millions and Emerging Markets) and also suggest Joe Fairless's Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book.

  • Real Estate Agent · Winter haven, FL · Member since 2011 · 572 posts · 336 votes
    7y

    Hi Ty, 

       I completely understand that and I am by no means a newbie to this I just enjoy reading and building a library.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.