Best Recommendation for Books on Multifamily investing

16 Replies

@Manny Cirino A search will supply plenty but here are some of my favorites.

Wheelbarrow of Profits by Gino Barbara

The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Houses by Steve Berges

Lifetime Cash Flow Through Multifamily Properties by Rod Khleif

I have not read it yet but The ABCs of Real Estate by Ken McElroy is very well liked by many. I intend on reading this next month.

One last one though not Multifamily more how to think creatively when dealing with Real Estate is 

Blue Ocean Opportunities in Commercial Real Estate by Cherif Medawar It's only in kindle format but well worth the $3.

Beside all what Neil Schoepp's  recommendation I would add couple more:

Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing by Michael Blank, I'm reading right now,

Emerging Real Estate Markets by David Lindahl

How to Make Big Money in Small Apartments by Lance A. Edwards

How to Create Wealth Investing in Real Estate by Grant Cardone 

The Perfect Investment by Paul Moore.

• I second "How to Create Wealth Investing in Real Estate by Grant Cardone" -- it's brand new, but eye-opening. And it's not about buying duplexes or fourplexes either. His podcasts are a little nuts, but I do learn from them. 
  • "The ABCs of Real Estate by Ken McElroy" is a good primer on the whole industry, but doesn't focus on MF.
  • I really enjoyed "Crushing It" by Brian Murray. If you're looking to get into apartments and want to run your own property management company as part of your business this guy seems to have it down. 
  • I've not read Michael Blank's book, but I plan to as I enjoy his podcasts.

@Neil Schoepp ’s recommendations are solid.  Jake & Gino’s book, Ken McElroy’s books (he has written two on apartment investing) and Rod Khleif’s book will provide you with a very solid foundation.  I recommend that you stop reading as your primary means of education after you finish these books and transition to active participation in your investing activities.  Reading can always be used as a supplement but it’s important to start taking action and avoid getting stuck in the passive education cycle.

@Joe Fairless has just published a book on apartment syndication.  While it’s available for pre-order only at this time, I’m familiar with the content and it will be very good.

@Manny Cirino I'd start with the two of David Lindahl books: the multifamily millions and emerging markets. If you need more recommendations, I have the whole library link. PM for details.

Best!

Just wanted to thank @John Jacobus for writing this gem in here.  

"I recommend that you stop reading as your primary means of education after you finish these books and transition to active participation in your investing activities. Reading can always be used as a supplement but it’s important to start taking action and avoid getting stuck in the passive education cycle."

SO TRUE

@Manny Cirino The books already mentioned are great. If you’re just starting out in multifamily I would recommend Michael Blank’s book “Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing.” It is a simple read with clear, actionable information.
@Manny Cirino My favorite is blue ocean opportunities in commercial real estate - incredibly motivating and detailed plus a real story of one of the best real estate gurus whom I met after that and applied his strategy to make money successfully Btw he practically gives the book away for $2 to help others - well Cherif Medawar, the author is worth millions so he can afford it but the key thing is the content is amazing https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ocean-Opportunities-Commercial-Estate-ebook/dp/B00EKNF71U