League City market numbers

8 Replies

League City is growing in population. In 2000 the population was over 40k. In 2017 the population is over a 100k. Jobs in the msa is increasing too. Also it’s so close to Houston. With that said I’m scathing my head why renters are only 27%? Why isn’t there much 2-4 unit properties here?

Hey Jason, 

I shot you a PM so we can continue this discussion. I very near League City and invest in the area. It is certainly a great place to invest (both SF and MF). 

This is somewhat speculative, but League City is the "nicer" market in the immediate area (newer homes, great school districts, etc.). Many people who work in the refineries down by Galveston live in this area. Home are pretty high in the area for this reason. Home rents are also high, but not ridiculously high. 

League City also has a lot of space, and because of this there has been a good deal of new construction in the region. Home prices are high enough that it makes more sense to use that land to develop SFH rather than small MF. There is still certainly opportunity in this area (lots of it), you just have to find it like with anywhere else.

Feel free to reach out. 

- JA

Originally posted by @Dustin Hickey :
@Jason Ma

One issue is zoning. There aren’t a lot of areas in League City that are zoned for multi-family.

so which part of League City has most multi units?

@Jason Ma Without looking at a zoning map, just from what Ive seen, would be the “old” part or what would be considered the heart of League City. The stretch of Main St (518) between Hwy 3 and 270.
Originally posted by @Dustin Hickey :
@Jason Ma

Without looking at a zoning map, just from what Ive seen, would be the “old” part or what would be considered the heart of League City. The stretch of Main St (518) between Hwy 3 and 270.

thank you