Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Greg Gaudet
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pukalani, HI
Votes |
How much do you make per door on your duplex/fourplexes?

Greg Gaudet
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Pukalani, HI
Posted Oct 15 2018, 00:58
Aloha everyone I’m just wandering what everyone’s criteria is nowadays when evaluating duplex triplex and four plexes? I’ve been buying condos here on Maui that I’ve been able to generate 500-600 a month cash flow on about 100k purchase prices (HavIng the ability to self manage and save $160/month on PM makes a big impact, plus zero vacancies because of the extremely limited housing supply on Maui), but with prices rapidly rising it’s getting harder and harder to duplicate those deals - plus I just don’t want to have all of my eggs in one basket so I’ve been planning to acquire 1-2 more condos in this particular building before diversifying into 2-4 units In another market possibly. It’s just hard to get excited about spending 200-400k on a duplex to make half of what I’m making in these condos! What are you all looking for in terms of monthly cash flow when evaluating potential deals In todays super hot market? I’m particularly Interested in hearding from buyer of 2-4 units under 400k. Looking forward to hearing everyone’s feedback!

Loading replies...