Buying all units in a duplex/triplex

6 Replies

Where can I find both sides of a MFH for sale? I've looked on sites like Zillow and Realtor.com but it's always 1 unit? Sorry if this is a newbie question I am looking to get into Real Estate investing. Also, would 4 or more units be considered commercial property? Thanks 

@Corey Russo

Where are you located? Are you sure the whole property isn’t for sale but the official address just says something like 1000 Main St.? Property address could just be listed like it would be on county tax records.

@Corey Russo commercial property is technically 5 or more units. However, commercial sites like loopnet often have residential listings in the 1-4 unit range. The listings on loopnet won’t usually be great deals but take note of who the listing brokers are and reach out to those who are listing the type of properties that you’re looking for.

Originally posted by @Anthony Wick :

@Corey Russo

Where are you located? Are you sure the whole property isn’t for sale but the official address just says something like 1000 Main St.? Property address could just be listed like it would be on county tax records.

I'm located in the New York City area. I was considering moving down to Florida due to the lower up front investment. Do you have any recommendation of online sites that I can view duplexes and other multi family homes?

@Corey Russo

For actual listings I use Realtor.com and LoopNet. But I also work with several realtors as well. Nice to have somebody looking for you. And REIA mtgs, word of mouth, BP contacts, etc. If you know exactly what you're looking for, use Brandon Turners method of "tell everybody". It's worked for me.

Originally posted by @Corey Russo :

I'm located in the New York City area. I was considering moving down to Florida due to the lower up front investment. Do you have any recommendation of online sites that I can view duplexes and other multi family homes?

Where in the NYC area are you?