cincinnati area development

5 Replies

Hi BP Members :]

looking for advice where do you think is good area / upcoming area to looking for good investment in Cincinnati area

I looking to buy a multi fmiliy in the area and wondering

where can i find information about investment of the government or the city in neighborhoods?

Thanks for the help  

Originally posted by @Matan Yaakov :

Hi BP Members :]

looking for advice where do you think is good area / upcoming area to looking for good investment in Cincinnati area

I looking to buy a multi fmiliy in the area and wondering

where can i find information about investment of the government or the city in neighborhoods?

Thanks for the help  

Welcome to the forums. Do you live here in Cincinnati or looking to invest from out of state? What size multi-family? There are plenty of different sites that will give you information, depending on what exactly you are looking for. In terms of predicting the future, I don't think there is a site out there yet that does that ;) 

Read the news, local journals and newspapers, and you'll get a better idea for where each area is heading. 

@Matan Yaakov Most cities have their own websites with this information. Other places you can look at, especially if you’re still deciding on a market, are bestplaces.net and city-data.com. Property managers that manage the type of property you’re looking at in your target area will know the area very well too.

@Matan Yaakov , it's difficult to predict definitively what area is upcoming, but one way of filtering the possible areas is to look at the short term appreciation of submarkets within the city. 

The following shows the area within Cincinnati and corresponding change in home values from 2014 to 2018.

The areas in orange depict increases while purple decreases. 

Literally the entire urban core, any of the 52 neighborhoods in Cincinnati contain good investments.... really depends on what type of tenant you want ot deal with, what your price range is, and what your strategy is -flip, b&h, etc.