Skip to content
Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
Ed L.
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Hattiesburg, MS
Votes |
Possible to build anything for sub $35,000??

Ed L.
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Hattiesburg, MS
Posted Jul 15 2014, 16:52

As demand increases and foreclosure inventory continue to shrink I'm finding the competition for single family homes in the $25-$35,000 price range to be getting out of hand.

Not long ago I acquired a parcel of land that sits right out of the city limits in a nice middle class neighborhood.  The property is accessed through a subdivision, but wasn't part of the subdivision and doesn't carry restrictions. 

I have approximately 5 Acres that is level and could be built on..  Just curious if there's any way to build a sub 1,000 sq/ft 2Br 1Ba home for $35,000?   

From renovating and random construction projects I know about what the foundation, Roof, HVAC, interior finishing would cost.  

The plumbing, electrical, and framing I have not a clue.

My goal would be to develop out the 5 Acres and build 10-15 of these small homes over the next few years.  

Here are some photos of "Man Camps" I saw out at the Eagle Ford Shale in South Tx.  I had a chance to tour a couple of these during construction and I really liked the practical simplicity of their construction.

Metal Roofs

Hardie Board Siding

2Br + Loft

1 Bath with stacked washer and dryer.

Stained concrete floors.

Mini Split HVAC

Loading replies...