Free land in Minnesota

2 Replies

I know this area.   Rochester is growing like crazy, but why live in a dying town 30 miles away?   Plus there are income and time restrictions.   I would build in a small town if I had a larger lot, it looks like they put themselves in a land division situation that doesn't make sense for the price of home expected to be built.   Plus, who wants to move to a dying town when you have so many better options nearby.    

Michael Tempel, Broker

Originally posted by @Michael Tempel :

I know this area.   Rochester is growing like crazy, but why live in a dying town 30 miles away?   Plus there are income and time restrictions.   I would build in a small town if I had a larger lot, it looks like they put themselves in a land division situation that doesn't make sense for the price of home expected to be built.   Plus, who wants to move to a dying town when you have so many better options nearby.    

I agree.  I am betting they offered this based on a state of MN or federal grant.  It is an example of the easiest financing option being the worst choice.  Who, with an income limit, is going to leave the city where they can get services cheaper to live 30 miles further away from all that support?  The thinking is backwards.  I agree totally with the reasons I would build there as well.  Their customer should be the affluent.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.