Skip to content
Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
James Morris
  • Leander, TX
Votes |
Cost For New Home Build In Central Texas.

James Morris
  • Leander, TX
Posted Mar 26 2015, 19:03

Hello all, I am a young (21 y/o) investor from the Austin area looking to broaden my horizons. I have been buying and selling vacant lots for the past three years, and am finally (after the close of my last 2 properties next month) in a position to build a small investment house. I am looking to build a small 1338 Sq Ft three bed, two bath two story house in the lake way/hudson bend area. I am looking to keep this one pretty simple with stained concrete or tile (whichever is cheaper) with carpet in bedrooms and typical average finish out besides some granite counters. The Slab will only be 30x30 plus a carport, and water is available but will require a septic system.

I know there are many factors such as topography, but I am looking to get an idea of what it may cost to build something like this on a flat lot from some of you experienced investors, and maybe even get some recommendations if any of you use a contractor. I am semi familiar with the process of building, but plan on using a contractor for my first few projects until I am comfortable doing the contracting.

Here are some photos of the plan I have in mind! All advice from experienced builders/investors will be greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...