Tree on property line

1 Reply

I own a house on a big lot that I am splitting an acre off for sale and development.  There is a large tree on the property line that may have to be removed or trimmed for access to the new lot.  I would like to give the lot buyer full control of the tree so there are no issues down the road when he wants to build.  How can I do that?

Replat and move the property line over 3ft or 6ft.  You could also put it in the deed that he has complete control of the tree on the property line.  When you give the survey to the title company, have them put in your wording into the deed about the tree. The title company attorney will draw it up.  They will do what you ask them to do, because you are the one paying them.