General Contractor License Study material in NC (wake county)

5 Replies

I want to obtain a GC license in the state of NC (wake county) are there any preferred study materials for the exam that any one could recommend?

J Johnson. Take his course, do exactly as he says, you will pass. I passed on my first try after his class. 

http://www.contractorsseminars.com/

I actually took the class a year before I took the exam, I wouldn't recommend that. Also, I took the NASCLA seminar and exam, was told it was easier than the NC test. The NASCLA give you the right to license in 11 states plus the Virgin Islands, and it is a commercial license so you can do both residential and commercial building. 

Good luck! 

My keyword for "wake county" led me to this post. Hello gentleman - @Adrian Becoat @Keith Bloemendaal . I think I need to connect with you both. From California, but I do have a 2nd home in Clayton, NC and looking to invest more in that area. And I'm going to be closing on a rental property in Wilmington, NC in about 10 days, and plan to invest more in that area. (Love it there!) Everyone says that contractors are hard to find, and I would definitely look up a contractor from BP before anywhere else.

Originally posted by @Keith Bloemendaal :

J Johnson. Take his course, do exactly as he says, you will pass. I passed on my first try after his class. 

http://www.contractorsseminars.com/

I actually took the class a year before I took the exam, I wouldn't recommend that. Also, I took the NASCLA seminar and exam, was told it was easier than the NC test. The NASCLA give you the right to license in 11 states plus the Virgin Islands, and it is a commercial license so you can do both residential and commercial building. 

Good luck! 

Which reference books did you purchase for this exam? Seminar details say (bring all reference books to take notes) . There are tons of books available on the site, do I need all of them? 

@Adrian Becoat I believe I had to buy them all, was around $1200, if anything is in question, call them. They have great customer service. 

The original post was 1 year ago. I didn’t buy any books, took the exam, passed. Not sure why not try to take it first and see if you pass.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here