Skip to content
Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
Dean Attali
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Toronto
Votes |
How to research a condo developer company [Toronto]?

Dean Attali
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Toronto
Posted Jun 27 2018, 09:49

Hello,

I'm in my late 20s, live in Toronto, and just starting my real restate journey. I found a new condo building that's pre-construction in an area that is very good and is going to get even better over the next 5 years (more developments, more major transit, mall renovation). I can get a unit for $500,000, and my plan is to sell it before construction finishes in 2-3 years when the value has hopefully gone up.

I've read lots of advice about researching the developers before buying a condo, so my question is how do I properly research the developers? What kind of things should I be looking for and how would I find the information?

This particular development is being done by two companies, one of them has 2 previous condo buildings and the other has 4. Both of them also have over 10 more condo developments in pre-construction or in construction currently. I'm not sure if this is a red flag that they have so few condos built but so many in the process, or if it's ok. I'm also not sure what other metrics to look at.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Loading replies...