Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
Rick Keffler
Votes |
Hawaii investments now and in 10 years

Rick Keffler
Posted Sep 15 2019, 20:18

I hear it is very expensive to build in Hawaii. I had a nice timeshare there once but the owners sold to new owners who kept raising annual maintenance fees until they were so high it was more affordable to rent a condo.

I would like to build a large home there and have a total of five partners who would each have the right to occupy the home 10 weeks a year. I'm guessing each partner would put up 400,000 plus pay home cleaning, lawn maintenance, pool service, utilities, upkeep and maintenance plus a sinking fund for appliance and furniture replacement of 200 a month plus 100 a week while occupying the home. I bet in 10 years we could sell the place and come close to doubling our money plus have a great place to vacation in the meantime.

Not sure which island would be best. I know Kauai the best but there are advantages to being on Oahu. Would have to look for land on the coast up 20 or 30 feet from the beach. I am worried about rising oceans and hurricanes. In fact I would probably prefer the mountains but my wife loves the sound of the waves. Obviously, I am flexible here.

Loading replies...