• Developer
  • Chino, CA
Votes |
Subdivision in Southern California

David Carbajal
  • Developer
  • Chino, CA
Posted Feb 25 2020, 22:35

Hi BP fam! I am an active development manager that focuses on the construction and design management for 150+ room hotels on the West coast.

I have been in this field for nearly a decade and feel that it is time to pull together some small residential development projects of my own.

My first gig is a 5 acre parcel that will be subdivided into 15 or 16 lots. I purchased the land for a great price. The lot had a previously approved tentative tract map that expired a few years ago. I have Re engaged the engineer who did the original TTM and am expecting his proposal by the end of the week.

I am reaching out the BP fam to see if there are any “lessons learned” that you all would be willing to share....

This is how I understand the next steps:

1. Submit TTM. (We are trying to get the City to utilize the original Env. Reports that were used)

2. Submit final TM.

Approx. 8 months to get through these 1st 2 steps.

- while I am working through the tract map approvals, I’ll be tightening up my construction budget:

Shrub clearance

Grading

CMU wall(s)

Curb/Gutter

Sidewalks

Paving

Landscape

All utilities

Fees

I know that there are plenty of additional details/steps along the way, but these are the ones that I have top of mind at the moment.

Thank you all in advance for those “lessons learned.”

-David

Loading replies...