• San Carlos, CA
Votes |
Course to better understand Property development

Namit Raisurana
  • Investor
  • San Carlos, CA
Posted Jan 7 2021, 11:21

Hello

I am a local investor in the Bay area. I have done some minor flip projects and recently went through a subdivision process for one of my properties. As a result of that, I have an empty lot of 5000 sqft on which I am interested in doing development. Doing development on land is also the area of RE that I think I might be interested in focusing in the future.

Because of these reasons, I want to get well-versed with all Construction aspects of the development process - how to get started, sequencing of events, working with architect, permit process, basics of construction management, overview of construction, etc. As part of this process, you end up working with lot of experts (Architect, GC, Planning and building dept, designer etc) but as the person responsible for the entire project, I think I will benefit from having a good overview of the entire process from start to end.

Is there a course that you have found useful for this? I came across this one on Coursera but dont think its exactly what I am looking for -

https://www.coursera.org/speci...

Appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

N

Loading replies...