HOW DO I PURCHASE MY FIRST RENTAL PROPERTY?

1 Reply

The easiest thing to do is call around to different banks and credit unions and speak to the loan officers.  Just tell them your plan and ask what it would look like to get a loan from them.  They get calls from wannabes all the time, so get some education before you call.  Listen to some podcasts, read some "starting out" books, and search for some networking opportunities first.  

My personal approach is to use a real estate agent.  The same thing applies in that they take calls from "investors" all the time, but most are wannabes.  The agent will be able to advise you on the best lenders, home inspectors, and survey companies to use.  For someone starting out, the fees an agent charges are well worth it.  Just don't go for the new agent with little to no experience.  Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you