Newbie here-how do you locate foreclosures

6 Replies

I went to my County Clerks office and they told me, after talking to three people, that all auction houses are listed on a board. When I got there they were in fact on a poster board, along with every other person or business that was being sued. They told me they do not list it online. How do you guys find foreclosures? There must be a better way.

Thanks,
Dave

PS I live in Las Vegas, Nv
Clark County

You're on the right track. Seems like you have your work cut out there. There are other ways to locate foreclosures, but it will cost you. You can order pre-foreclosure lists (NOD, LIS) - usually cost a fee. You can locate foreclosure auctions, which take place if a property owner has not gotten their payments to date within the pre-foreclosure period. Unfortunately, in today's crazy housing market, auctioned properties are often selling for market values.

I'd focus on time at the courthouse or by ordering the NOD, LIS info online.

How do I order the NOD or LIS online? Everyone seems to talk about foreclosures but no one seems to know about them. Even my friends think they are a waste of time. But when I talk to them it is because they don't know how to find them. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Hello Everyone, I normally don't work with foreclosures but, I came across some good information. It's free. Here it is:

www.fedhomes.com

Now, when it asks you to pre-register, you can either put in real info or fake info. I used Mickey Mouse in Orlando, FL.

I hope this helps!

They added a foreclosures page this weekend. You can find resources for getting pre-foreclosures at the pre-foreclosures link on the toolbar, or go to http://www.biggerpockets.com/pre-foreclosures.html

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you