• Denver, CO
Votes |
Location recommendations in NC Triad

Alexandra Hughes Pailet
  • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Posted May 12 2023, 10:46

Hello! 

I'm looking for recommendations for up-and-coming neighborhoods in the Triad area. I'm interested in single-family homes and small multifamilies. I'm ideally looking at Winston Salem, but would like some guidance on specific neighborhoods you'd recommend. 

I am an out-of-state investor, however, I am originally from NC, though only vaguely familiar with the Triad area. Any recommendations you can give are greatly appreciated! 

User Stats

Votes
Evan Kline
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Winston Salem, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Winston Salem, NC
Replied May 12 2023, 12:35

Hey @Alexandra Hughes Pailet

The neighborhood in Winston that is the most up and coming is West Salem (27101 just south of downtown)

A lot of new development activity in the form of restaurants, a new brewery, a food hall (allegedly anyway) plus some legacy mainstays like Old Salem, Carolina University and UNC School of the Arts, and the baseball stadium. 

And it’s walking distance of downtown. 

We own a duplex there that’s doing great.

If you want to chat more about the area happy to connect. Just shoot me a DM

User Stats

Votes
Alexandra Hughes Pailet
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied May 14 2023, 20:41
Quote from @Evan Kline:

Hey @Alexandra Hughes Pailet

The neighborhood in Winston that is the most up and coming is West Salem (27101 just south of downtown)

A lot of new development activity in the form of restaurants, a new brewery, a food hall (allegedly anyway) plus some legacy mainstays like Old Salem, Carolina University and UNC School of the Arts, and the baseball stadium. 

And it’s walking distance of downtown. 

We own a duplex there that’s doing great.

If you want to chat more about the area happy to connect. Just shoot me a DM

Thanks so much, Evan! I appreciate the insight and will keep that all in mind :) 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 18 2023, 18:26

Thank you this is very helpful. I am just getting start.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 22 2023, 06:47

The triad as a whole is getting hot, Winston Salem is seeing a boom in growth from Wake forest University and Atrium health. Greensboro is emerging as a thriving market as banking and manufacturers are starting to move hubs in. Also, High point has the continued growth from the furniture market and the amazing relationships Quebin is building at High point University. 

For the best cash flow i would look into high point,

For the best appreciation and STR/MTR i would look around greensboro (Old irving park).

Winston Salem for a combination of both.