RAD Diversified SCAM ALERT!!!

RAD Diversified SCAM ALERT!!!

Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 33 votes

Hello,

I Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the RAD Diversified scandal that is currently unfolding. As of April 1, 2024, RAD Diversified (a REIT), has officially put a freeze on withdrawing any and all funds from the REIT. If I had to speculate, I would say they are facing some serious liquidity issues. Interestingly enough, I came across an article in the Philidelphia Inquirer that raised concerns about the REIT two years ago. It's pretty much spot on. Looks like your classic Ponzi scheme. It would appear good ole Dutch has been using new investor funds to pay liquidations i.e. robbing Peter to pay Paul. I guess the well has run dry.

I myself was duped into investing $5000 (unaccredited) into the fund and will now no longer be able to liquidate any portion of my shares. The URL provided above will take you to official statement that RAD has provided to the SEC. Personally, I doubt its authenticity, but that's the direct information I was provided with from Alexander Prock, as of one hour ago. I also know that RAD's accreditation with the BBB has been revoked due to the massive influx of similar complaints that have been pouring in since the official statement was released on April 1st, 2024.

I would strongly advise ALL BP members to stay far away from this scam. I highly doubt I will ever see my money again. I would sincerely hope that the SEC has begun looking into this and/or the FBI. And, by the way, Dutch Mendenhall the CEO of RAD, has been a member of the BP community now for several years so feel free to chime in bud. Below is a copy of the SEC statement. It really makes me sick that these scam artists run rampant while the SEC does absolutely nothing to combat the issues. Anyway, please feel free to do your own due diligence but it looks like we all got got.



"On April 1, 2024, the board of directors (the “Board") of RAD Diversified REIT, Inc. (the "Company”) decided, in accordance with the terms of its Share Redemption Program, to continue the temporary freeze of the Company’s redemption program. The Company will not process any pending requests that have not been redeemed as of February 1, 2024 nor will it accept any redemption requests after April 1, 2024. Pending redemption requests will remain in queue until the Company recommences the redemption program. The Board intends to reassess this decision to determine whether to recommence the redemption program or to continue to pause the redemption program no later than July 1, 2024."

13Reply
5,647 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Scott Trench:

I have no idea what is happening at this particular fund, and can’t chime in on any specifics.

I will say that I, along with many investors in the community, have likely lost a lot of money. Syndicators who bragged about how smart they were, showed off fancy lives, cars, private jets, and mansions, second homes, and wrote books and sold expensive courses about how smart they are at investing are being exposed all over the place. Sometimes, these syndicators who are actively in process of wiping out investor’s life savings, even brag about how automated their businesses are and how they don’t have to work!

I’m not making the same mistakes with my money again, nor will I allow investors who made their name in part on BiggerPockets to go unexposed if they treat investors poorly, lose huge amounts of investor money, or clearly mismanage funds.

We are starting PassivePockets.com and launch it in June. We will learn how to find and vet “good” and expose “bad” for ALL to see. In the meantime, we will watch the forums for more posts about the syndicators who handle situations to the chagrin of their investors. 


 Morning Scott,  I missed this post and posted above but its worth repeating. What I see irrespective of how the deals are going is the lack of communications from these syndicators
with respect to how their deals are actually doing. Communication good or bad goes along way to keeping investors from being upset to going ballistic on the internet and creating irreparable harm to the syndicators reputations.

It seems that most of the BP influencers I have seen over the years have stepped into MF syndication with varying results. So to that end they are new to the game never went through a deep downturn cycle. And for them rasing capital on SM BP facebook whatever has been fairly easy compared to others who dont have a big SM or BP presence.  This is where the crowdfunding sites helped a lot fo those types scale.

The play book as you described is an old one when it comes to marketing themselves nothing different than what the how to trainer do. The difference is they are stuck with a certain asset as we are seeing. The trainers just pivot to what is working today and set up training in that niche. But its all the same big budget for marketing and go hammer the airwaves/internet. Sell the sizzle etc etc.

Having been front and center in the late 80s of a billion dollar syndication company ( was an independent contractor in charge of finding and entitling their land projects in northern CA.) I saw what happens when these things start to go south and from my mind most of these companies that could be struggling now simply do not have enough staff to handle all their investors needs in a timely fashion and when things go bad like we see posted on BP right now lack of up front communications leads to Investors going out of their minds with worry and the blame game starts. Then of course google searches bring all these things to the front page and next thing you know reputations get hammered..

As one who personally had a medium sized HML company going into 2007 2008 with 600 loans on my books and by 2010 went through a massive re value melt down all of us in that business got hammered for us we started in 2001 and by 2010 had to basically shut down let go 90% of staff and spent 3 to 4 years hemorrhaging our net worth's to make sure our banks got paid ( which to my personal financial situation was devastating) Most of my peers went out of business completely ( BK) I did not but by 2011 I was basically starting over. But with my head held high gone was all the normal trappings of RE success being served as a big slice of humble pie :(.

And as my core commercial banks understood that I doing everything i could to protect them. The one bank left kept a 1 mil line of credit for me ( down from 15 mil) had me  on a 90 day extensions for 4 years and allowed to to earn back in. Its taken basically 12 years to get back to maybe half of what I had at the time.

Bottom line RE cycles and I suspect most of the folks that are having issues did what they thought was correct or right and the market has gone against them.. If they are not changing their personal lifestyles to adjust to this, not communicating, doing new deals leaving old ones to wither then you know what your dealing with the goal ( human nature i guess) is to keep lifestyle intact at all costs.

To that end I just paid off yesterday my last legacy bank debt took me 12 years but its done an gone now. But those same banks stuck with me and allowed me to pivot and build up my new construction side using bank debt intead of HML.. etc etc.

So If i was guessing most of the folks having issues in the space have very little assets aimed toward client relations and communications but still do big spends on advertising for new blood.

See this reply in the discussion

498 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ryan BlakePro Member
    Lender · TX · Member since 2018 · 936 posts · 713 votes
    1y

    Was RADD not an additional guarantors on the loan? Did they make the investors sign the loan without any buy-in from them? If they did, that stinks. That means only the investors are on the hook for the damage to credit. Sorry if that is happening to you.

  • Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 4 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Tom Nagy:

    @jonathan 

    @Jonathan Karas Dutch is lying. As we re all painfully learning, that's really all he is good at.  He has a God complex with nothing to back it up.


    Yes.  I gathered quite some time ago that he is a fast-talking swindler.
  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Richard Lo:

    Please private message me to join the RADD investors group


     Please add me.

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Melanie P.:

    Filing a lawsuit is not going to help you with this "company." They're already being sued and investigated by the government. To protect your rights, get on the victim list by calling:

    (800) SEC-0330 to make a report to the SEC.

    (800) CALL-FBI to make a report to the FBI.

    Important details to include are how you were sold the investment - any and all details of that marketing. Whether it was a suitable investment for you given your net worth and earnings - anything they told you about suitability. Have proof - where did you wire the money, have all your documents in one place. Describe each and every promise they've made, when they made it and when it was broken. Advise that you've heard their sales reps are independent contractors 1099 and don't have broker licenses.

    Good luck to everyone going through this. I hope we see some action by the government this year.


     Thanks this is helpful.

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @James D. Kellogg:
    Quote from @Jonathan Karas:
    Quote from @Richard Lo:

    private message me if you want to join the RADD investor group.


    What do you mean by this?  Do you mean message you if we want to join some sort of class action lawsuit against them?  Surely you aren't asking if people want to put money *into* RADD?

     There is no class action suit at this point. We are simply a group of almost 150 investors in RADD who have had zero returns and are looking for options to get our money back...if possible.


     I've done all the reporting. What else could be done?

  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Arthur Crum:

    Jay, my cousin is an attorney and he is simply looking at the contract for me. I dont care if its a dollar, if someone steals from me im comming for them. 


  • USA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    1y
  • Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Please see the recent email I sent to Rad

    Dutch,

    After careful consideration, I have decided that a direct conversation with you would no longer be meaningful. Your recent Zoom call, which was meant to address investor concerns, only reinforced my belief that transparency remains a critical issue within Rad Diversified. Despite multiple investors voicing similar concerns, you were still unable to explain the distribution structure, the risks involved, or how new investors impact existing returns.

    Previously, I made it clear to Gretchen that communication is key to maintaining trust. The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) explicitly states this in Sections A and D of the good faith agreement, yet Rad is failing to uphold its own commitments.

    Rad Diversified continues to raise capital while withholding financial information, investor distributions, and even basic transparency. I am no longer willing to wait.

    This is not about an emergency distribution—it is about protecting my investment because I believe it is being mismanaged. I am not a legal expert, but I can recognize right from wrong. Given Rad’s ongoing lack of accountability, refusal to provide financial transparency, and continued capital raises despite unresolved investor concerns, this has all the red flags of investment fraud or a Ponzi scheme. I believe it is in my best interest to escalate this matter to regulatory agencies unless I receive a full return of the $315,000 I invested.

    Gretchen previously stated in an email that these are long-term investments, but that does not justify withholding financials or avoiding accountability. A long-term investment does not mean an indefinite lack of communication with investors.

    Resolution Proposal

    A full return of my capital investment, including all MOU-related fees.

    To summarize:

    • My Foothills Land, Rad REIT, and Rad America investments are valued at $315,000 based on the latest available data.
    • This means Rad keeps 1% of both the Wholesale and Cattle House investments and retains my Inner Circle fee.
    • In effect, Rad made $175,000 in profits on my capital while I received nothing in return.

    Despite my deep concerns about Rad’s business practices, I am willing to take a loss just to walk away. I am also forgoing all interest payments I have made on these investments.

    If Rad truly believes in its own investment model, this should be an easy decision. Failing to return my investment only raises further red flags.

    I have waited over a year without receiving a single distribution or any meaningful financial transparency.

    Reasons Supporting My Position

    1. Ongoing Communication Failures & Investor Censorship

    • My questions have been ignored, misdirected, or met with vague responses.
    • Investor questions on Zoom calls are censored, selectively answered, or dismissed entirely.
    • A specific example: During a Zoom call, I asked Dory a direct question, but Gretchen intervened and said she would address it privately.
    • Despite raising these concerns in October, nothing has changed.
    • This is not transparency—this is narrative control.

    Furthermore, reports of unpaid vendors, negative investor experiences, and ongoing lawsuits only deepen my distrust.

    2. Investment-Specific Concerns

    A. Foothills Deal – Lack of Business Plan & Risk of Dilution
    • How it was sold to investors:
      • Promised 8x-15x returns in 3-4 years.
      • Purchase price was $1,430,000 with $500,000 set aside for planning.
    • Concerns:
      • I was not told this was a phased project or that future investors would dilute my returns.
      • If new investors enter the project, how is profit distribution determined?
      • If Rad values the land at $10M but raises $5M from new investors, why not secure a loan instead?
    B. Auction House – Promised Cash Flow, No Returns
    • How it was sold:
      • A cash-flowing business with $634,000 in operating income and a total income potential of $800,000+.
    • Concerns:
      • RAD projected $317,000 in profit within six months, yet the business reported a $40,000 loss.
      • If profits existed, why did investors receive nothing?
    C. Wholesale Business – Contradictory Statements on Projections & Missing Funds
    • Concerns:
      • Investors contributed $10M, yet startup costs were only $6M. Where is the remaining capital?
    • Key Questions:
      • If projections were on target, what changed?
      • Where is the financial breakdown supporting this sudden two-year delay?
    D. REIT Investment – Delayed Reappraisal & Withheld Financials
    • Concerns:
      • Distributions froze within two months of my investment.
      • The reappraisal, promised in 2024, has never been completed.
    • Key Questions:
      • Why was investor money accepted when a freeze was imminent?

    The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Is No Longer Viable

    At the time of joining the Inner Circle, I was led to believe this was a select group of 300 top investors, a group committed to transparency, partnership, and shared success.

    Yet, despite escalating my concerns from Frank to Gretchen to you, Dutch, I have been met with avoidance, vague responses, or outright silence.

    How can the MOU function moving forward when:

    1. Investor questions are ignored.
    2. Financials are withheld.
    3. Investment structures are unclear and possibly diluted.
    4. Concerns about business practices are met with misdirection instead of resolution.

    You continue to invite me to Inner Circle retreats, yet you refuse to acknowledge my legitimate concerns. I can no longer participate in a partnership built on broken promises and lack of transparency.

    Final Demand & Next Steps

    I have given Rad more than enough time to work toward a fair resolution. Since fall of 2024, I have tried in good faith to address my concerns through multiple avenues, escalating my requests through Frank, Gretchen, and even to you directly. Despite my patience and repeated efforts, Rad has failed to provide transparency, resolve key concerns, or offer a reasonable path forward.

    At this point, I am formally demanding a full return of my $315,000 investment.

    You have until March 29, 2025, at 5:00 PM EST to confirm that my funds will be returned in full. If I do not receive a formal commitment to a full return of capital by this deadline, I will immediately escalate my actions, including but not limited to:

    1. Filing formal complaints with the SEC, FBI, and state regulatory agencies.
    2. Securing legal representation to pursue recovery through litigation.
    3. Publicly sharing my experience with high-profile investors and media outlets.

    I have been more than reasonable in my attempts to resolve this through mutual cooperation. I have given Rad every opportunity to make this right. Now, I am demanding action.

    If you fail to meet this deadline, I will proceed with full legal and regulatory escalation without further discussion.

    This is my final attempt to settle this matter civilly.

    • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
      1y
      Quoe from @Kris Stack:

      Please see the recent email I sent to Rad

      Dutch,

      After careful consideration, I have decided that a direct conversation with you would no longer be meaningful. Your recent Zoom call, which was meant to address investor concerns, only reinforced my belief that transparency remains a critical issue within Rad Diversified. Despite multiple investors voicing similar concerns, you were still unable to explain the distribution structure, the risks involved, or how new investors impact existing returns.

      Previously, I made it clear to Gretchen that communication is key to maintaining trust. The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) explicitly states this in Sections A and D of the good faith agreement, yet Rad is failing to uphold its own commitments.

      Rad Diversified continues to raise capital while withholding financial information, investor distributions, and even basic transparency. I am no longer willing to wait.

      This is not about an emergency distribution—it is about protecting my investment because I believe it is being mismanaged. I am not a legal expert, but I can recognize right from wrong. Given Rad’s ongoing lack of accountability, refusal to provide financial transparency, and continued capital raises despite unresolved investor concerns, this has all the red flags of investment fraud or a Ponzi scheme. I believe it is in my best interest to escalate this matter to regulatory agencies unless I receive a full return of the $315,000 I invested.

      Gretchen previously stated in an email that these are long-term investments, but that does not justify withholding financials or avoiding accountability. A long-term investment does not mean an indefinite lack of communication with investors.

      Resolution Proposal

      A full return of my capital investment, including all MOU-related fees.

      To summarize:

      • My Foothills Land, Rad REIT, and Rad America investments are valued at $315,000 based on the latest available data.
      • This means Rad keeps 1% of both the Wholesale and Cattle House investments and retains my Inner Circle fee.
      • In effect, Rad made $175,000 in profits on my capital while I received nothing in return.

      Despite my deep concerns about Rad’s business practices, I am willing to take a loss just to walk away. I am also forgoing all interest payments I have made on these investments.

      If Rad truly believes in its own investment model, this should be an easy decision. Failing to return my investment only raises further red flags.

      I have waited over a year without receiving a single distribution or any meaningful financial transparency.

      Reasons Supporting My Position

      1. Ongoing Communication Failures & Investor Censorship

      • My questions have been ignored, misdirected, or met with vague responses.
      • Investor questions on Zoom calls are censored, selectively answered, or dismissed entirely.
      • A specific example: During a Zoom call, I asked Dory a direct question, but Gretchen intervened and said she would address it privately.
      • Despite raising these concerns in October, nothing has changed.
      • This is not transparency—this is narrative control.

      Furthermore, reports of unpaid vendors, negative investor experiences, and ongoing lawsuits only deepen my distrust.

      2. Investment-Specific Concerns

      A. Foothills Deal – Lack of Business Plan & Risk of Dilution
      • How it was sold to investors:
        • Promised 8x-15x returns in 3-4 years.
        • Purchase price was $1,430,000 with $500,000 set aside for planning.
      • Concerns:
        • I was not told this was a phased project or that future investors would dilute my returns.
        • If new investors enter the project, how is profit distribution determined?
        • If Rad values the land at $10M but raises $5M from new investors, why not secure a loan instead?
      B. Auction House – Promised Cash Flow, No Returns
      • How it was sold:
        • A cash-flowing business with $634,000 in operating income and a total income potential of $800,000+.
      • Concerns:
        • RAD projected $317,000 in profit within six months, yet the business reported a $40,000 loss.
        • If profits existed, why did investors receive nothing?
      C. Wholesale Business – Contradictory Statements on Projections & Missing Funds
      • Concerns:
        • Investors contributed $10M, yet startup costs were only $6M. Where is the remaining capital?
      • Key Questions:
        • If projections were on target, what changed?
        • Where is the financial breakdown supporting this sudden two-year delay?
      D. REIT Investment – Delayed Reappraisal & Withheld Financials
      • Concerns:
        • Distributions froze within two months of my investment.
        • The reappraisal, promised in 2024, has never been completed.
      • Key Questions:
        • Why was investor money accepted when a freeze was imminent?

      The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Is No Longer Viable

      At the time of joining the Inner Circle, I was led to believe this was a select group of 300 top investors, a group committed to transparency, partnership, and shared success.

      Yet, despite escalating my concerns from Frank to Gretchen to you, Dutch, I have been met with avoidance, vague responses, or outright silence.

      How can the MOU function moving forward when:

      1. Investor questions are ignored.
      2. Financials are withheld.
      3. Investment structures are unclear and possibly diluted.
      4. Concerns about business practices are met with misdirection instead of resolution.

      You continue to invite me to Inner Circle retreats, yet you refuse to acknowledge my legitimate concerns. I can no longer participate in a partnership built on broken promises and lack of transparency.

      Final Demand & Next Steps

      I have given Rad more than enough time to work toward a fair resolution. Since fall of 2024, I have tried in good faith to address my concerns through multiple avenues, escalating my requests through Frank, Gretchen, and even to you directly. Despite my patience and repeated efforts, Rad has failed to provide transparency, resolve key concerns, or offer a reasonable path forward.

      At this point, I am formally demanding a full return of my $315,000 investment.

      You have until March 29, 2025, at 5:00 PM EST to confirm that my funds will be returned in full. If I do not receive a formal commitment to a full return of capital by this deadline, I will immediately escalate my actions, including but not limited to:

      1. Filing formal complaints with the SEC, FBI, and state regulatory agencies.
      2. Securing legal representation to pursue recovery through litigation.
      3. Publicly sharing my experience with high-profile investors and media outlets.

      I have been more than reasonable in my attempts to resolve this through mutual cooperation. I have given Rad every opportunity to make this right. Now, I am demanding action.

      If you fail to meet this deadline, I will proceed with full legal and regulatory escalation without further discussion.

      This is my final attempt to settle this matter civilly.


    • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Kris Stack:

      Please see the recent email I sent to Rad

      Dutch,

      After careful consideration, I have decided that a direct conversation with you would no longer be meaningful. Your recent Zoom call, which was meant to address investor concerns, only reinforced my belief that transparency remains a critical issue within Rad Diversified. Despite multiple investors voicing similar concerns, you were still unable to explain the distribution structure, the risks involved, or how new investors impact existing returns.

      Previously, I made it clear to Gretchen that communication is key to maintaining trust. The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) explicitly states this in Sections A and D of the good faith agreement, yet Rad is failing to uphold its own commitments.

      Rad Diversified continues to raise capital while withholding financial information, investor distributions, and even basic transparency. I am no longer willing to wait.

      This is not about an emergency distribution—it is about protecting my investment because I believe it is being mismanaged. I am not a legal expert, but I can recognize right from wrong. Given Rad’s ongoing lack of accountability, refusal to provide financial transparency, and continued capital raises despite unresolved investor concerns, this has all the red flags of investment fraud or a Ponzi scheme. I believe it is in my best interest to escalate this matter to regulatory agencies unless I receive a full return of the $315,000 I invested.

      Gretchen previously stated in an email that these are long-term investments, but that does not justify withholding financials or avoiding accountability. A long-term investment does not mean an indefinite lack of communication with investors.

      Resolution Proposal

      A full return of my capital investment, including all MOU-related fees.

      To summarize:

      • My Foothills Land, Rad REIT, and Rad America investments are valued at $315,000 based on the latest available data.
      • This means Rad keeps 1% of both the Wholesale and Cattle House investments and retains my Inner Circle fee.
      • In effect, Rad made $175,000 in profits on my capital while I received nothing in return.

      Despite my deep concerns about Rad’s business practices, I am willing to take a loss just to walk away. I am also forgoing all interest payments I have made on these investments.

      If Rad truly believes in its own investment model, this should be an easy decision. Failing to return my investment only raises further red flags.

      I have waited over a year without receiving a single distribution or any meaningful financial transparency.

      Reasons Supporting My Position

      1. Ongoing Communication Failures & Investor Censorship

      • My questions have been ignored, misdirected, or met with vague responses.
      • Investor questions on Zoom calls are censored, selectively answered, or dismissed entirely.
      • A specific example: During a Zoom call, I asked Dory a direct question, but Gretchen intervened and said she would address it privately.
      • Despite raising these concerns in October, nothing has changed.
      • This is not transparency—this is narrative control.

      Furthermore, reports of unpaid vendors, negative investor experiences, and ongoing lawsuits only deepen my distrust.

      2. Investment-Specific Concerns

      A. Foothills Deal – Lack of Business Plan & Risk of Dilution
      • How it was sold to investors:
        • Promised 8x-15x returns in 3-4 years.
        • Purchase price was $1,430,000 with $500,000 set aside for planning.
      • Concerns:
        • I was not told this was a phased project or that future investors would dilute my returns.
        • If new investors enter the project, how is profit distribution determined?
        • If Rad values the land at $10M but raises $5M from new investors, why not secure a loan instead?
      B. Auction House – Promised Cash Flow, No Returns
      • How it was sold:
        • A cash-flowing business with $634,000 in operating income and a total income potential of $800,000+.
      • Concerns:
        • RAD projected $317,000 in profit within six months, yet the business reported a $40,000 loss.
        • If profits existed, why did investors receive nothing?
      C. Wholesale Business – Contradictory Statements on Projections & Missing Funds
      • Concerns:
        • Investors contributed $10M, yet startup costs were only $6M. Where is the remaining capital?
      • Key Questions:
        • If projections were on target, what changed?
        • Where is the financial breakdown supporting this sudden two-year delay?
      D. REIT Investment – Delayed Reappraisal & Withheld Financials
      • Concerns:
        • Distributions froze within two months of my investment.
        • The reappraisal, promised in 2024, has never been completed.
      • Key Questions:
        • Why was investor money accepted when a freeze was imminent?

      The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Is No Longer Viable

      At the time of joining the Inner Circle, I was led to believe this was a select group of 300 top investors, a group committed to transparency, partnership, and shared success.

      Yet, despite escalating my concerns from Frank to Gretchen to you, Dutch, I have been met with avoidance, vague responses, or outright silence.

      How can the MOU function moving forward when:

      1. Investor questions are ignored.
      2. Financials are withheld.
      3. Investment structures are unclear and possibly diluted.
      4. Concerns about business practices are met with misdirection instead of resolution.

      You continue to invite me to Inner Circle retreats, yet you refuse to acknowledge my legitimate concerns. I can no longer participate in a partnership built on broken promises and lack of transparency.

      Final Demand & Next Steps

      I have given Rad more than enough time to work toward a fair resolution. Since fall of 2024, I have tried in good faith to address my concerns through multiple avenues, escalating my requests through Frank, Gretchen, and even to you directly. Despite my patience and repeated efforts, Rad has failed to provide transparency, resolve key concerns, or offer a reasonable path forward.

      At this point, I am formally demanding a full return of my $315,000 investment.

      You have until March 29, 2025, at 5:00 PM EST to confirm that my funds will be returned in full. If I do not receive a formal commitment to a full return of capital by this deadline, I will immediately escalate my actions, including but not limited to:

      1. Filing formal complaints with the SEC, FBI, and state regulatory agencies.
      2. Securing legal representation to pursue recovery through litigation.
      3. Publicly sharing my experience with high-profile investors and media outlets.

      I have been more than reasonable in my attempts to resolve this through mutual cooperation. I have given Rad every opportunity to make this right. Now, I am demanding action.

      If you fail to meet this deadline, I will proceed with full legal and regulatory escalation without further discussion.

      This is my final attempt to settle this matter civilly.


       This is all 100% correct and hundreds of us are right there with you.  You mentioned Gretchen O'Brien and to me, she is not getting enough attention.  Shes a lying criminal just like the rest and should be equally liable.  She is still actively trying to raise money knowing full well this is a Ponzi scheme.  I am doing all I can to make sure she is included in any legal action.

    • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Tom Nagy:
      Quote from @Kris Stack:

      Please see the recent email I sent to Rad

      Dutch,

      After careful consideration, I have decided that a direct conversation with you would no longer be meaningful. Your recent Zoom call, which was meant to address investor concerns, only reinforced my belief that transparency remains a critical issue within Rad Diversified. Despite multiple investors voicing similar concerns, you were still unable to explain the distribution structure, the risks involved, or how new investors impact existing returns.

      Previously, I made it clear to Gretchen that communication is key to maintaining trust. The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) explicitly states this in Sections A and D of the good faith agreement, yet Rad is failing to uphold its own commitments.

      Rad Diversified continues to raise capital while withholding financial information, investor distributions, and even basic transparency. I am no longer willing to wait.

      This is not about an emergency distribution—it is about protecting my investment because I believe it is being mismanaged. I am not a legal expert, but I can recognize right from wrong. Given Rad’s ongoing lack of accountability, refusal to provide financial transparency, and continued capital raises despite unresolved investor concerns, this has all the red flags of investment fraud or a Ponzi scheme. I believe it is in my best interest to escalate this matter to regulatory agencies unless I receive a full return of the $315,000 I invested.

      Gretchen previously stated in an email that these are long-term investments, but that does not justify withholding financials or avoiding accountability. A long-term investment does not mean an indefinite lack of communication with investors.

      Resolution Proposal

      A full return of my capital investment, including all MOU-related fees.

      To summarize:

      • My Foothills Land, Rad REIT, and Rad America investments are valued at $315,000 based on the latest available data.
      • This means Rad keeps 1% of both the Wholesale and Cattle House investments and retains my Inner Circle fee.
      • In effect, Rad made $175,000 in profits on my capital while I received nothing in return.

      Despite my deep concerns about Rad’s business practices, I am willing to take a loss just to walk away. I am also forgoing all interest payments I have made on these investments.

      If Rad truly believes in its own investment model, this should be an easy decision. Failing to return my investment only raises further red flags.

      I have waited over a year without receiving a single distribution or any meaningful financial transparency.

      Reasons Supporting My Position

      1. Ongoing Communication Failures & Investor Censorship

      • My questions have been ignored, misdirected, or met with vague responses.
      • Investor questions on Zoom calls are censored, selectively answered, or dismissed entirely.
      • A specific example: During a Zoom call, I asked Dory a direct question, but Gretchen intervened and said she would address it privately.
      • Despite raising these concerns in October, nothing has changed.
      • This is not transparency—this is narrative control.

      Furthermore, reports of unpaid vendors, negative investor experiences, and ongoing lawsuits only deepen my distrust.

      2. Investment-Specific Concerns

      A. Foothills Deal – Lack of Business Plan & Risk of Dilution
      • How it was sold to investors:
        • Promised 8x-15x returns in 3-4 years.
        • Purchase price was $1,430,000 with $500,000 set aside for planning.
      • Concerns:
        • I was not told this was a phased project or that future investors would dilute my returns.
        • If new investors enter the project, how is profit distribution determined?
        • If Rad values the land at $10M but raises $5M from new investors, why not secure a loan instead?
      B. Auction House – Promised Cash Flow, No Returns
      • How it was sold:
        • A cash-flowing business with $634,000 in operating income and a total income potential of $800,000+.
      • Concerns:
        • RAD projected $317,000 in profit within six months, yet the business reported a $40,000 loss.
        • If profits existed, why did investors receive nothing?
      C. Wholesale Business – Contradictory Statements on Projections & Missing Funds
      • Concerns:
        • Investors contributed $10M, yet startup costs were only $6M. Where is the remaining capital?
      • Key Questions:
        • If projections were on target, what changed?
        • Where is the financial breakdown supporting this sudden two-year delay?
      D. REIT Investment – Delayed Reappraisal & Withheld Financials
      • Concerns:
        • Distributions froze within two months of my investment.
        • The reappraisal, promised in 2024, has never been completed.
      • Key Questions:
        • Why was investor money accepted when a freeze was imminent?

      The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Is No Longer Viable

      At the time of joining the Inner Circle, I was led to believe this was a select group of 300 top investors, a group committed to transparency, partnership, and shared success.

      Yet, despite escalating my concerns from Frank to Gretchen to you, Dutch, I have been met with avoidance, vague responses, or outright silence.

      How can the MOU function moving forward when:

      1. Investor questions are ignored.
      2. Financials are withheld.
      3. Investment structures are unclear and possibly diluted.
      4. Concerns about business practices are met with misdirection instead of resolution.

      You continue to invite me to Inner Circle retreats, yet you refuse to acknowledge my legitimate concerns. I can no longer participate in a partnership built on broken promises and lack of transparency.

      Final Demand & Next Steps

      I have given Rad more than enough time to work toward a fair resolution. Since fall of 2024, I have tried in good faith to address my concerns through multiple avenues, escalating my requests through Frank, Gretchen, and even to you directly. Despite my patience and repeated efforts, Rad has failed to provide transparency, resolve key concerns, or offer a reasonable path forward.

      At this point, I am formally demanding a full return of my $315,000 investment.

      You have until March 29, 2025, at 5:00 PM EST to confirm that my funds will be returned in full. If I do not receive a formal commitment to a full return of capital by this deadline, I will immediately escalate my actions, including but not limited to:

      1. Filing formal complaints with the SEC, FBI, and state regulatory agencies.
      2. Securing legal representation to pursue recovery through litigation.
      3. Publicly sharing my experience with high-profile investors and media outlets.

      I have been more than reasonable in my attempts to resolve this through mutual cooperation. I have given Rad every opportunity to make this right. Now, I am demanding action.

      If you fail to meet this deadline, I will proceed with full legal and regulatory escalation without further discussion.

      This is my final attempt to settle this matter civilly.


       This is all 100% correct and hundreds of us are right there with you.  You mentioned Gretchen O'Brien and to me, she is not getting enough attention.  Shes a lying criminal just like the rest and should be equally liable.  She is still actively trying to raise money knowing full well this is a Ponzi scheme.  I am doing all I can to make sure she is included in any legal action.


       Strongly recommend against using chatgpt for sending demand letters like this. Spend the $250 on an attorney if you are going to send something. But I also would not encourage anyone to spend anymore money on this venture as its not looking good for recouping or recovering any funds. If the SEC or other jurisdictions are involved, you are probably better off waiting at this point - but I am not an attorney, recommend speaking to one though

      7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 45 posts · 17 votes
    1y

    kris stack,,this means nothing to radd there are already sec and other agency investigations.  i fully understand your intent...there has been emails, calls like yours for over a year to radd and amy, dutch with absolutly no impact.  don't threaten action, take axction.  there are already open cases on radd and class action law suits on-going.

    • Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 4 votes
      1y

    • Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @James Miller:

      there are already open cases on radd and class action law suits on-going.

      Any chance any of us can get in on these class-action lawsuits?

  • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
    1y

    That is a great email Kris, unfortunately, James is correct.  RADD is a morally corrupt organization at this point and couldn't care less about anyone but themselves.  Dutch's enormous ego won't allow him to make good on his failures.  If there is justice, that whole group that remains there today will be in jail.

  • Barbara RadkePro Member
    Westlake Village, CA · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    1y

    Does anyone know where to go to join one of the class action suits? @Jonathan Karas @James Miller @Arthur Crum

  • Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Include me in class action suite too. I am also a victim of RAD.

    @Jonathan Karas @James Miller @Arthur Crum @Barbara Radke

    • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @DJ Arora:

      Include me in class action suite too. I am also a victim of RAD.

      @Jonathan Karas @James Miller @Arthur Crum @Barbara Radke


       Class action lawsuits are typically the last thing you want to get involved in as the lawyers are typically the ones who get most of the money in a class action lawsuit and investors are left with very little. 

      If you want to try and get money back then read your subscription agreement and find what happens in dispute resolution - follow that. If it means filing a lawsuit then file the lawsuit. Its my understanding there have been suits filed against others. THis way you get to be higher in line compared to others.

      For those considering these investments please note For the Land REIT, the SEC issued a staff action order against them in October, and for their other REIT issued one in February of 2024. They have not submitted any financials to the SEC which is also required.

      7e investments53 Reviews
  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    @Kris Stack 

    A. Foothills Deal – Lack of Business Plan & Risk of Dilution

    • How it was sold to investors:
      • Promised 8x-15x returns in 3-4 years.
      • Purchase price was $1,430,000 with $500,000 set aside for planning.

    I've generally been sympathetic to those who invested in RAD and similar companies who use social media and conventions to raise capital in such small amounts where running normal diligence is too costly of an endeavor. However, when I see LP's post this, all I can do is shake my head in disbelief. For anyone looking to invest as an LP, if its too good to be true, chances are it is. If someone approaches you with an investment opportunity that "promises" this type of return profile, run! I don't even have to look at the underlying investment to know this is trouble. Perhaps if this was an investment in tech or life sciences where there is the possibility of an IPO you can generate this type of return but real estate does not yield these kinds of returns & anyone looking for these types of returns is investing in the wrong asset class.

    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Stuart Udis:

      @Kris Stack 

      A. Foothills Deal – Lack of Business Plan & Risk of Dilution

      • How it was sold to investors:
        • Promised 8x-15x returns in 3-4 years.
        • Purchase price was $1,430,000 with $500,000 set aside for planning.

      I've generally been sympathetic to those who invested in RAD and similar companies who use social media and conventions to raise capital in such small amounts where running normal diligence is too costly of an endeavor. However, when I see LP's post this, all I can do is shake my head in disbelief. For anyone looking to invest as an LP, if its too good to be true, chances are it is. If someone approaches you with an investment opportunity that "promises" this type of return profile, run! I don't even have to look at the underlying investment to know this is trouble. Perhaps if this was an investment in tech or life sciences where there is the possibility of an IPO you can generate this type of return but real estate does not yield these kinds of returns & anyone looking for these types of returns is investing in the wrong asset class.


      my current project which is about as good as we could do for 90 home project will turn out to be 2X in 3.5 years with return higher as principal came back starting in the first year and continue until built out.. when its all done I guess I might run it through a spread sheet to see what the IRR was.. 8 to 15X  is like you said a leverage stock type deal. not RE development
  • Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Can anyone guide me  what kind of attorney will I need to dispute ? Do I need a Security attorney? IF Yes, Can anyone recommend some names? 

    DJ

    • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @DJ Arora:

      Can anyone guide me  what kind of attorney will I need to dispute ? Do I need a Security attorney? IF Yes, Can anyone recommend some names? 

      DJ


       I would get a real estate attorney who deals with contracts. Do not need a securities attorney. First thing to do is read your subscription agreement and determine provisions for mediation and arbitration. 

      7e investments53 Reviews
  • Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Stuart - For anyone looking to invest as an LP, if its too good to be true, chances are it is. If someone approaches you with an investment opportunity that "promises" this type of return profile, run! I don't even have to look at the underlying investment to know this is trouble. 

    People love to say, “That’s what everyone says after getting burned in a Ponzi,” but I’m not speaking from ignorance—I’m speaking from experience. I’ve been involved in hundreds of deals, and even in situations where I was the principal and could’ve brought in others, I chose not to because my personal track record consistently delivered better results. I didn’t invest out of fear or desperation—I invested based on knowledge and patterns I’ve seen succeed.

    At this point, recovering the money isn’t even the priority. I don’t need it. In fact, I’d lose another $300K just to see certain people face justice—but that’s not what drives me. To me, this loss is nothing more than a bad Vegas trip. The difference? At least when I walk into a casino, I expect them to look for ways to take my money. I didn’t expect that here—and that’s the part I won’t just let slide.

  • Member since 2024 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    1y

    It's the only way to stop them from continuing to pretend to be thriving business that they are not. Having lawsuits against you that all have the common thread of not getting paid back their money. Investment, refund, only to be ghosted by a company is not a business that should be allowed to be continuing to take others money, keeping the money they owe. They need to learn this will come to an end for them one way or another. Taking action against them is the only way to get them to stop and take a look at what needs to be done for all of their sakes and the people they are harming by basically stealing our money. They keep punishing the ones using their voices and speaking up by ghosting them or using the words that they will in return sue them for slander. If you can't pay the people who you owe money to now how will you pay for attorney fees to? RADD would be laughed out of court. In the end RADD will have to pay for their wrongdoings to the people who entrusted them with their money. Myself included. It's time to wise up, realize the cat is out of the bag of the bad business model you have before you are having to be accountable and behind bars for what looks like a Ponzi scheme and many people before you all are paying their dues the hard way. 

  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    @Kris Stack With the balance sheet you appear to have, something isn't adding up. It's normally the little guy investing $5K in syndications who drinks the Kool-Aid expecting 8-15x returns in a real estate deal. There's nothing to suggest RAD ran a Ponzi, they just appear to be terrible operators who managed to raise a lot of money. That has nothing to do with 8-15X return expectations. Even the best operators don't yield those types of returns.  What knowledge and patterns led you to believe that type of return profile was attainable? I am sorry but nothing you wrote adds up.

  • Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    I get where you're coming from, but you're making a lot of assumptions that simply don’t apply to me. I evaluated the deal like I would any other—based on cash flow, collateral, and real estate fundamentals. It wasn't about hype or blind faith—it was a calculated decision based on what I knew at the time and the information I was given.

    I’m also not claiming definitively that it was a Ponzi. I’ve said from the beginning that I’m open to hearing legitimate explanations. But the lack of transparency, the evasion, and refusal to provide basic financials isn’t just poor management—it raises red flags. If this were simply bad operations, you’d expect mistakes and maybe poor judgment—not radio silence and avoidance.

    Your statement about “if it looks too good to be true, it probably is” doesn’t help anyone who’s already lost their retirement savings—no matter how dumb you think they were. That kind of blanket cynicism isn’t useful when real people are facing real consequences.

    As far as outsized returns and “even the best operators” not delivering them—let me offer a real scenario. I currently have an RV park under contract for $875,000. I’m putting $375,000 down in hard money, with $500,000 in seller financing. With some expansion and strategic improvements—adding spaces and raising rents—I expect the park could be worth close to $3 million. A friend is helping with the improvements and will be paid at exit. That’s an infinite return on my investment. It’s not theoretical—it’s executable. And if I can structure a deal like that, others can too.

    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Kris Stack:

      I get where you're coming from, but you're making a lot of assumptions that simply don’t apply to me. I evaluated the deal like I would any other—based on cash flow, collateral, and real estate fundamentals. It wasn't about hype or blind faith—it was a calculated decision based on what I knew at the time and the information I was given.

      I’m also not claiming definitively that it was a Ponzi. I’ve said from the beginning that I’m open to hearing legitimate explanations. But the lack of transparency, the evasion, and refusal to provide basic financials isn’t just poor management—it raises red flags. If this were simply bad operations, you’d expect mistakes and maybe poor judgment—not radio silence and avoidance.

      Your statement about “if it looks too good to be true, it probably is” doesn’t help anyone who’s already lost their retirement savings—no matter how dumb you think they were. That kind of blanket cynicism isn’t useful when real people are facing real consequences.

      As far as outsized returns and “even the best operators” not delivering them—let me offer a real scenario. I currently have an RV park under contract for $875,000. I’m putting $375,000 down in hard money, with $500,000 in seller financing. With some expansion and strategic improvements—adding spaces and raising rents—I expect the park could be worth close to $3 million. A friend is helping with the improvements and will be paid at exit. That’s an infinite return on my investment. It’s not theoretical—it’s executable. And if I can structure a deal like that, others can too.


      its not a passive deal you doing the deal as an operator HUGE difference.. Every operator who uses OPM has infinite returns.. they earn it by doing it.. However to Stuarts point to do it as a limited partner is not reality.. Assuming your getting what you call hard money from a firm or an investor they are not going to get an infinite return at least usually they would get an interest rate return.. either way though sounds like winner good luck with it.

  • Stuart UdisPro Member
    Attorney · Philadelphia · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    @Kris Stack There's no scenario involving real estate cash flow, collateral and fundamentals that suggest making an LP/JV investment can yield an 8-15x return in a few year hold period. Just the spread of 8-15x should have presented a red flag let alone being "promised" even the low end 8X result.

    In scenarios like this, there's rarely a favorable result for investors unless the GP/Operator makes a miraculous come back and judging by leaderships apparent pivot to the guru circuit education model and large number of staff members either leaving or being fired, this suggests the investments are not ripe for a comeback. There's videos online of Dutch boasting about finally having his own executive bathrooms in their Tampa offices and Amy Vaughn looks like the female version of Mr. T in most photos you see of her online.  If you were looking for evidence of waste look no further. 

     Until new information surfaces suggesting they have collateral that can be turned around I stand by my position that spending more on pursuit of lost capital is probably going to end with nothing more than judgments worth as much as the paper they are printed on. My hope in pointing out that when investment terms appear to be  too good to be true, will lead investors to consider this before making the same mistake. That advice is inclined to help more people than recommending more money is spent on legal in pursuit of lost capital.

    Finally to your your RV park. It's not only speculative but it is 100% levered with a preferred equity partner, and two lenders who are all priority creditors to you. You could also make nothing on that deal. Its also a deal that can't be compared to your RAD deal where you already admitted to investing $300K. You can't compare return in two deals where one is 100% levered and the other requires you to invest $300K. The question you have failed to answer is how you expected to yield an 8X return on a $300K passive/JV investment.

  • Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    My point is simple—there’s no need for Stuart to publicly criticize those who invested. Fear isn’t what drives me, and it won’t hold me back. I suspect I’m not alone in that.

    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Kris Stack:

      My point is simple—there’s no need for Stuart to publicly criticize those who invested. Fear isn’t what drives me, and it won’t hold me back. I suspect I’m not alone in that.

      @Stuart Udis   keep in mind ( I see your new at posting) one of the benefits to the community is discussing these investments in detail good or bad.. This will protect the next investor or at least get them thinking about doing deeper due diligence etc.. So for me I appreciate you sharing your details on this investment.. I started off on the thread thinking maybe the investors were just over reacting but as its played out sounds like a company that made some major mistakes

    • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
      Moderator
      Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
      Quote from @Kris Stack:

      My point is simple—there’s no need for Stuart to publicly criticize those who invested. Fear isn’t what drives me, and it won’t hold me back. I suspect I’m not alone in that.

      @Stuart Udis   keep in mind ( I see your new at posting) one of the benefits to the community is discussing these investments in detail good or bad.. This will protect the next investor or at least get them thinking about doing deeper due diligence etc.. So for me I appreciate you sharing your details on this investment.. I started off on the thread thinking maybe the investors were just over reacting but as its played out sounds like a company that made some major mistakes


       I did not view it as going after the investors but educating them that "if its too good to be true it is"  - we just did a webinar on how to vet a sponsor and that is the top thing people do - which is fall in love with an ad that has some crazy projected return - they then create their own bias of why they should invest because they see the dollar signs. 

      I saw one recently on facebook providing 3-5% returns per month and the number of people in comments asking for more information was mind blowing - everyone of them is going to lose every single penny.

      The point is educate yourself and a simple search for Radd on BP, SEC website, BBB, even their PPM states some interesting facts... 

      All this together and people just invest on an ad, so yes there is AT TIMES (not all the time), the investor to blame.

      7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y

     see no good news ahead with RAAD, the attitude of Dutch is obvious, He'll let the ship go down while  we all drown.He cares not a whit.Im o big pockets guy but I do have some nice returns

  • Member since 2024 · 28 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Nice returns are good.

    • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Brent Mendenhall

      Nice returns are good.

       Brent, do you reuly have any funds in this sh*thole?

    • Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Brent Mendenhall:

      Nice returns are good.


      Are you one of Jerry's kids?
    • Member since 2025 · 48 posts · 38 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Brent Mendenhall:

      Nice returns are good.


       They are when they are real.  Returns are paper returns with no liquidity behind them.  This company has no moral values and is a complete fraud from top to bottom.  They have ruined many lives and not only do not care, they are continuing to scam people because of their own greed.

  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y

    what????

  • Denise SuppleeBusiness Member
    Realtor · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2017 · 984 posts · 643 votes
    1y

    Great post and thank you!

    Spark Rental Co-Investing Club580 Reviews
  • Member since 2024 · 95 posts · 35 votes
    1y

    Though not worth RAad

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.