Votes
Jacob B.
  • Clarksville, IN
Votes |
No comps in area for appraisal

Jacob B.
  • Clarksville, IN
Posted Mar 20 2014, 13:45

Trying to buy my first property. It's a duplex, going fha and it's the third one I have had under contract I'm hoping this one works out. Got a call from the lender she said there were no comps in our area and the appraiser couldn't do the appraisal. Today she calls back my agent found one comp for the appraiser to use. (a reo we had put an offer in on) and she asked if I wanted to proceed with the appraisal because if the lender didn't accept this comp and the loan doesn't close I will still have to pay the $460 appraisal fee... My questions are: Is there anything I can do? It's not my fault there are no comps. She said it's prob a 50/50 if this comp will work since it sold cheaper than mine and it was a reo.. I feel like I'm getting robbed for $460 if it doesn't work and the bigger question is how would I even be able to buy another duplex if this one doesn't work? Because there will still be no comps in our area.. I'm really wanting to live in one side and rent the other to get started. Should I find another lender? Would that make any difference.

Loading replies...