Driving For Dollars

4 Replies

Hello, I am new to investing and wanted to know how many investors drive for dollars. I also would like to know your strategy on how you go about choosing the neighborhood? I want to start driving for dollars but want to put a strategy in place before doing so.

I went driving for dollars again yesterday. Found nothing. I usually choose my neighborhoods by the price-range that I like to work. I'll say that usually when I do find a vacant or run-down house, it's usually an REO that just hasn't been listed yet. I didn't even see many FSBO signs recently. But hey, it beats the fire out of sitting in a cubicle. Especially when the sun is out and it's a pretty day.

we will do driving for dollars. In the right parts of town 30-45 minutes can get you 40 or so addresses.of those 40 addresses, we will get 1-2 phone calls and they will be pretty motivated. Havnt turned one into money yet but we are working on it.

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.

This is my preferred method to farm out neighborhoods. Back when I was wholesaling, I'd base the areas on my buyers' criteria. Now, I based it on my own criteria for buy and hold.

It really depends on your exit strategy and preference based on your personality. Hope that helps!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you