Investor or property first

5 Replies

What would be more important? I know both are but in what order? Is it better to find a good serious investor and find out what they are looking for or find a good property and find an investor for it?

Its better to have more than 1 investor all are different , some want turn key , some will take rough houses , some want expensive areas . Deals come when they come , if you dont have different types of buyers , you are dead in the water.

@ Matthew Paul thank you so much. Would you be able to give me some ideas on how to find an investor? Do I just call one up? Go to real estate agents and ask? How do I get them to know that I am serious about business?

I have to take the opposite side of this coin from Mathew.

Absolutely the most important thing is to find the deal! If it is a great deal, and you get the word out, you will suddenly have lots of very excited investors at your door.

I have been investing for over 15 years with several rentals and quite a few flips. I never considered wholesaling until about 8 months ago. It took me long enough to locate a great value property in my target areas that I wouldn't consider letting it go for a few thousand bucks wholesale fee. After listening to BP podcasts (especially #37) and reading some great BP posts on wholesaling I expanded my search area to include nearby cities where I have no interest in being a landlord or flipping. I found a great property with only a little effort. Just a few days after I had it under contract I passed out flyers at a local REIA meeting and posted an online ad on a local, free real estate site. I had an offer with earnest money within 24 hours and 8 other serious buyers called within the next few days! I kept all their names and contact info and when I found another deal in the same area I started at the top of that list and sold the home within a half hour. I made about $8K on each wholesale and I'm looking for more.

I promise that if you find a sweet deal and get the word out, the cash investor buyers' list will find you!

@Douglas Larson Thank you so much for this information . It just motivated me even more. I was beginning to feel a little overwhelmed but this really helped. I will be looking ASAP.

@Betsy Chacon

i agree with douglas. if you have a property for a low enough price, finding the buyer should be the easy part.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you