Anyone know Steeve Raymond with Selective Real Estate?

Anyone know Steeve Raymond with Selective Real Estate?

Derek RobinsonPro Member
Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes

Hello all!  Does anyone know Steeve Raymond.  His company is Selective Real Estate and he does construction and flipping.  He works mostly in Chicago, Illinois.  

1Reply
283 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Member since 2022 · 44 posts · 27 votes
1y
Quote from @Daniel Desrosiers:
Quote from @Ana Mcnamara:

I am an attorney in Chicago and have a 2025 lawsuit against him for a client for breach of contract and fraud. There are several lawsuits that have been filed against him. Steve Raymon a/k/a Steeve Raymond. I was online searching for a home address --seems to be difficult to find him.


Ana, he is Canadian. I am in a group of folks who have been caught up with him. Seems to be a Ponzi type situation.

UPDATE: After I commented above that Mr. Raymond's investment activity “seems to be a Ponzi-type situation” based on his own statements and the growing number of affected investors, I received the following legal threat.

Below is my formal response.

Transparency matters — especially when investors are allegedly owed tens of thousands of dollars and being silenced with NDAs.

Email Screenshot from Steeeve

Dear Mr. Raymond,

I am writing in response to your June 17, 2025 email, in which you allege that a comment I made on the BiggerPockets forum is defamatory and demand its retraction under threat of legal action.

To clarify, my comment — that your business “seems to be a Ponzi type situation” — was a statement of opinion, protected under both U.S. and Canadian law, and based on publicly available information, personal experience, and, importantly, your own documented statements. As has been documented by multiple investors, you have made statements — via Zoom calls and in emails — indicating that you use incoming investor funds to make payments to earlier investors. That pattern of activity aligns squarely with the definition of a Ponzi scheme.

If you disagree with the characterization, you are free to provide clarification or supporting information. However, threatening legal action in response to constitutionally protected opinion based on disclosed facts only adds to the growing concern among the investor community about your conduct.

I am also aware that you have attempted to require certain investors to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) in exchange for partial repayments or other settlement terms. Such attempts to silence individuals with legitimate financial grievances further erode public trust and raise serious ethical and legal questions.

Furthermore, your threat of a lawsuit appears to fall under the category of a Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation (SLAPP) — a tactic designed to intimidate individuals into silence rather than address the underlying facts. Anti-SLAPP statutes exist in many U.S. jurisdictions, including Illinois, and allow for the immediate dismissal of such suits along with the recovery of attorneys’ fees and costs by the defendant. Should you or your counsel choose to proceed in this direction, I am fully prepared to assert those rights and respond accordingly.

Finally, since your attorney was copied on your original message, I suggest that legal counsel focus their attention where it is most urgently required: on the dozens of investors who report being owed significant sums, many of whom are months past due and organizing for collective legal action.

I decline to retract my statement and reserve all legal rights available to me.

Sincerely,
Daniel Desrosiers

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Personally, I wouldn't work with anyone who can't spell Steve. But that's just me.

    • Derek RobinsonPro Member
      OP
      Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      Personally, I wouldn't work with anyone who can't spell Steve. But that's just me.


      Maybe his parents were creative?
    • Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Derek Robinson:
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      Personally, I wouldn't work with anyone who can't spell Steve. But that's just me.


      Maybe his parents were creative?

      Or high.    

    • Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Derek Robinson:
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      Personally, I wouldn't work with anyone who can't spell Steve. But that's just me.


      Maybe his parents were creative?
      Or a product of the Chicago Public Schools.
    • Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Derek Robinson:
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      Personally, I wouldn't work with anyone who can't spell Steve. But that's just me.

      Listen: I am an attorney in Chicago and I have a 2025 lawsuit against him for a client, and there have been several others. One of the Counts is for Fraud.  
      Maybe his parents were creative?

  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    @Derek Robinson have you worked with him? I know someone that has. 

  • Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    I heard that he has added another “E” and is going by “Steeeve” now. Probably just a rumor…

    • Derek RobinsonPro Member
      OP
      Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      I heard that he has added another “E” and is going by “Steeeve” now. Probably just a rumor…


      Dude, are you just following this post to make fun of someone's name?
    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Derek Robinson:
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      I heard that he has added another “E” and is going by “Steeeve” now. Probably just a rumor…


      Dude, are you just following this post to make fun of someone's name?

      great post to start the week..  but since we are curious why do you want to know about this Steeve dude ?  Since your a coach does this have to do with taking him on as a mentee or student.. Just curious.. 
    • Derek RobinsonPro Member
      OP
      Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
      Quote from @Derek Robinson:
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      I heard that he has added another “E” and is going by “Steeeve” now. Probably just a rumor…


      Dude, are you just following this post to make fun of someone's name?

      great post to start the week..  but since we are curious why do you want to know about this Steeve dude ?  Since your a coach does this have to do with taking him on as a mentee or student.. Just curious.. 

      Doing some due diligence. Can't find much about him online.
    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Derek Robinson:
      Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
      Quote from @Derek Robinson:
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      I heard that he has added another “E” and is going by “Steeeve” now. Probably just a rumor…


      Dude, are you just following this post to make fun of someone's name?

      great post to start the week..  but since we are curious why do you want to know about this Steeve dude ?  Since your a coach does this have to do with taking him on as a mentee or student.. Just curious.. 

      Doing some due diligence. Can't find much about him online.

      Gothca have a good week..  PS  Eric was just being Factious IMHO he is a very experienced investor.
    • Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
      Quote from @Derek Robinson:
      Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
      Quote from @Derek Robinson:
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      I heard that he has added another “E” and is going by “Steeeve” now. Probably just a rumor…


      Dude, are you just following this post to make fun of someone's name?

      great post to start the week..  but since we are curious why do you want to know about this Steeve dude ?  Since your a coach does this have to do with taking him on as a mentee or student.. Just curious.. 

      Doing some due diligence. Can't find much about him online.

      Gothca have a good week..  PS  Eric was just being Factious IMHO he is a very experienced investor.

  • Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    1y

    I am an attorney in Chicago and have a 2025 lawsuit against him for a client for breach of contract and fraud. There are several lawsuits that have been filed against him. Steve Raymon a/k/a Steeve Raymond. I was online searching for a home address --seems to be difficult to find him.

    • Investor · Member since 2022 · 44 posts · 27 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ana Mcnamara:

      I am an attorney in Chicago and have a 2025 lawsuit against him for a client for breach of contract and fraud. There are several lawsuits that have been filed against him. Steve Raymon a/k/a Steeve Raymond. I was online searching for a home address --seems to be difficult to find him.


      Ana, he is Canadian. I am in a group of folks who have been caught up with him. Seems to be a Ponzi type situation.
    • Investor · Member since 2022 · 44 posts · 27 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Daniel Desrosiers:
      Quote from @Ana Mcnamara:

      I am an attorney in Chicago and have a 2025 lawsuit against him for a client for breach of contract and fraud. There are several lawsuits that have been filed against him. Steve Raymon a/k/a Steeve Raymond. I was online searching for a home address --seems to be difficult to find him.


      Ana, he is Canadian. I am in a group of folks who have been caught up with him. Seems to be a Ponzi type situation.

      UPDATE: After I commented above that Mr. Raymond's investment activity “seems to be a Ponzi-type situation” based on his own statements and the growing number of affected investors, I received the following legal threat.

      Below is my formal response.

      Transparency matters — especially when investors are allegedly owed tens of thousands of dollars and being silenced with NDAs.

      Email Screenshot from Steeeve

      Dear Mr. Raymond,

      I am writing in response to your June 17, 2025 email, in which you allege that a comment I made on the BiggerPockets forum is defamatory and demand its retraction under threat of legal action.

      To clarify, my comment — that your business “seems to be a Ponzi type situation” — was a statement of opinion, protected under both U.S. and Canadian law, and based on publicly available information, personal experience, and, importantly, your own documented statements. As has been documented by multiple investors, you have made statements — via Zoom calls and in emails — indicating that you use incoming investor funds to make payments to earlier investors. That pattern of activity aligns squarely with the definition of a Ponzi scheme.

      If you disagree with the characterization, you are free to provide clarification or supporting information. However, threatening legal action in response to constitutionally protected opinion based on disclosed facts only adds to the growing concern among the investor community about your conduct.

      I am also aware that you have attempted to require certain investors to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) in exchange for partial repayments or other settlement terms. Such attempts to silence individuals with legitimate financial grievances further erode public trust and raise serious ethical and legal questions.

      Furthermore, your threat of a lawsuit appears to fall under the category of a Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation (SLAPP) — a tactic designed to intimidate individuals into silence rather than address the underlying facts. Anti-SLAPP statutes exist in many U.S. jurisdictions, including Illinois, and allow for the immediate dismissal of such suits along with the recovery of attorneys’ fees and costs by the defendant. Should you or your counsel choose to proceed in this direction, I am fully prepared to assert those rights and respond accordingly.

      Finally, since your attorney was copied on your original message, I suggest that legal counsel focus their attention where it is most urgently required: on the dozens of investors who report being owed significant sums, many of whom are months past due and organizing for collective legal action.

      I decline to retract my statement and reserve all legal rights available to me.

      Sincerely,
      Daniel Desrosiers

    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Daniel Desrosiers:
      Quote from @Daniel Desrosiers:
      Quote from @Ana Mcnamara:

      I am an attorney in Chicago and have a 2025 lawsuit against him for a client for breach of contract and fraud. There are several lawsuits that have been filed against him. Steve Raymon a/k/a Steeve Raymond. I was online searching for a home address --seems to be difficult to find him.


      Ana, he is Canadian. I am in a group of folks who have been caught up with him. Seems to be a Ponzi type situation.

      UPDATE: After I commented above that Mr. Raymond's investment activity “seems to be a Ponzi-type situation” based on his own statements and the growing number of affected investors, I received the following legal threat.

      Below is my formal response.

      Transparency matters — especially when investors are allegedly owed tens of thousands of dollars and being silenced with NDAs.

      Email Screenshot from Steeeve

      Dear Mr. Raymond,

      I am writing in response to your June 17, 2025 email, in which you allege that a comment I made on the BiggerPockets forum is defamatory and demand its retraction under threat of legal action.

      To clarify, my comment — that your business “seems to be a Ponzi type situation” — was a statement of opinion, protected under both U.S. and Canadian law, and based on publicly available information, personal experience, and, importantly, your own documented statements. As has been documented by multiple investors, you have made statements — via Zoom calls and in emails — indicating that you use incoming investor funds to make payments to earlier investors. That pattern of activity aligns squarely with the definition of a Ponzi scheme.

      If you disagree with the characterization, you are free to provide clarification or supporting information. However, threatening legal action in response to constitutionally protected opinion based on disclosed facts only adds to the growing concern among the investor community about your conduct.

      I am also aware that you have attempted to require certain investors to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) in exchange for partial repayments or other settlement terms. Such attempts to silence individuals with legitimate financial grievances further erode public trust and raise serious ethical and legal questions.

      Furthermore, your threat of a lawsuit appears to fall under the category of a Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation (SLAPP) — a tactic designed to intimidate individuals into silence rather than address the underlying facts. Anti-SLAPP statutes exist in many U.S. jurisdictions, including Illinois, and allow for the immediate dismissal of such suits along with the recovery of attorneys’ fees and costs by the defendant. Should you or your counsel choose to proceed in this direction, I am fully prepared to assert those rights and respond accordingly.

      Finally, since your attorney was copied on your original message, I suggest that legal counsel focus their attention where it is most urgently required: on the dozens of investors who report being owed significant sums, many of whom are months past due and organizing for collective legal action.

      I decline to retract my statement and reserve all legal rights available to me.

      Sincerely,
      Daniel Desrosiers


      Nice ! ya thats a favorite trick of many of these types of companies hey will we pay you back or refund your fee you paid for our program in exchange for an NDA and public retraction.. we see that on BP often mainly with trianing courses were the trainee demands a refund based on their cancellation rights or their opinion the program sold was not what was represented.. next thing you see is that person post a glowing post about the person they just complained about.. so you know they did that either to get a refund or signed an NDA in a way I cant blame them as folks do whatever they need to do to get their money back and If they went into debt to pay for training like many do .. there are substantial financial ramifications for them and getting paid back gets them out of jail so to speak
    • Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Ana Mcnamara:

      I am an attorney in Chicago and have a 2025 lawsuit against him for a client for breach of contract and fraud. There are several lawsuits that have been filed against him. Steve Raymon a/k/a Steeve Raymond. I was online searching for a home address --seems to be difficult to find him.


       According to Ana the attorney,  he did go by Steve and Steeve, so my comments have some validity, lol.

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    Never heard of him @Derek Robinson!  But I am in Chicago if you need some boots on the ground!

    Are you looking in any specific areas of the city?

  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    Daniel, what group are you in?

  • Investor · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    I knew there was something off about that guy. Apparently whenever he thinks people are getting suspicious he just adds another E to his name to throw them off the scent. He currently goes by Steeeeeeeeve.

    • Investor · Member since 2022 · 44 posts · 27 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Eric Gerakos:

      I knew there was something off about that guy. Apparently whenever he thinks people are getting suspicious he just adds another E to his name to throw them off the scent. He currently goes by Steeeeeeeeve.


       Whoa, careful Eric. He'll sue you! 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    1y

    Steeve Raymond you have represented yourself well here. I think your reply to a poster above makes it clear to  most readers here, you are not a good person to do business with. 

  • Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    11mo

    Eric:

    We have numerous cases against Steve Raymond a/k/a "Steeve" Raymond, as well as lawsuits against Joseph Ziccardi, his attorney. If you believe you were a victim of fraud involving the alleged "rehab" of properties in Chicago. Feel free to call my office. PH 312-719-7959 CST.

  • Investor · NJ · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    10mo
    Investors nationwide say they lost money in alleged housing scheme involving vacant Chicago homes

    Link to article:

    https://abc7chicago.com/post/alleged-housing-scheme-investor...

  • Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    10mo

    "Developer" STEEVE RAYMOND who solicits investors on this website was exposed on the Chicago ABC News relating to numerous just FRAUD LAWSUITS filed against him by Chicago attorney Ana McNamara, Esq. for taking investor money for supposed building "Rehabs" BELOW IS THE LINK TO THE STORY:
    McNamara Legal McNamara Legal | Chicago IL

  • Member since 2025 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    10mo

    "Developer" STEEVE RAYMOND who solicits investors on this website was exposed on the Chicago ABC News relating to numerous just FRAUD LAWSUITS filed against him by Chicago attorney Ana McNamara, Esq. for taking investor money for supposed building "Rehabs" BELOW IS THE LINK TO THE STORY:
    McNamara Legal McNamara Legal | Chicago IL

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.