I'm wondering if there is any website where we can find out some history about the house such as last purchase/sold price (if data is not listed on Zillow or other sites) , etc...
There are a couple of ways that I know
1) You can obtain this info for free most of the time from the county recorder's office.
2) You can get it for free from the title company if you have the connection, or
3) You can pay for it by subscribing a paid service like Corelogic or dataquick.
Thanks @Minh L.
I'm looking at out of state property, I am not sure if and how can I check County's record unless they have spend some money to get records online.
Pete, where are you looking? Also, how will the past property price help you in regards to the current market price and the future value?
@Johnson H. I am looking around nicer neighbourhood of Michigan (no Detroit). I am more curious to know what was the last purchase price of the house, not trying to judge the value from this price. And also trying to look at how high the price went up for that area.
@Johnson H. Zillow is probably the fastest place. They're "zestimates" are relatively useless, but they will pull data from municipalities on past sale prices, property taxes, etc.
Buyer's Agents will do this for you also, so that's a good confirmation for Zillow if you're interested in real due diligence.
@Matt Castle Zillow do not have the past record of the properties I am looking at. I have informed my RE agent to get me details but was wondering if I can find it out myself rather waiting for him to give me details and it takes time.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!