How do I structure LLCs after 10 conventional loans?

How do I structure LLCs after 10 conventional loans?

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 52 posts · 29 votes

Hey everyone,

I just bought my first duplex with a conventional loan. My plan is to use all 10 conventional loans over the next 2 years, then switch to DSCR loans.

I'm trying to plan ahead — how do you protect yourself once you start using LLCs? Do I need a separate LLC and bank account for every property?

I’ve heard of holding companies, but not sure how that works without it getting super complicated.

Any tips or simple breakdowns would help a lot. Thanks!

— Allen

0Reply
23 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Devin PetersonBusiness Member
    Lender · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2022 · 2k+ posts · 665 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Allen Zhu:

    Hey everyone,

    I just bought my first duplex with a conventional loan. My plan is to use all 10 conventional loans over the next 2 years, then switch to DSCR loans.

    I'm trying to plan ahead — how do you protect yourself once you start using LLCs? Do I need a separate LLC and bank account for every property?

    I’ve heard of holding companies, but not sure how that works without it getting super complicated.

    Any tips or simple breakdowns would help a lot. Thanks!

    — Allen


     This is a complex answer depending what your approach and true purpose is. Happy to connect and chat

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.