Creative Real Estate Investing Question

2 Replies

Hi, I am new to the site, I am looking to get into Real Estate Investing, I have seen business opportunities asking for upwards of $10k for mentoring for how to do creative investing without using your own money or credit. Is this possible? My credit is not great but I have some cash on hand, just wanted to know if it is truly possible to get into this business with challenged credit?

Sure if you are ok borrowing at 20% and have collateral.

@Antonio G. Welcome to BiggerPockets!

Few things:

1.) I would never pay 10K to learn anything (edit: outside of a college education), including REI.

Why?

Because the internet exists. There are always people out there who are willing to answer any and all questions that you may have without paying one red cent.

There are worthwhile investments in your education. A 10K powerpoint presentation isn't it.

2.) If you want to learn from the ground up, read this from start to finish.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

3.) Listen to these (at least the relevant ones)

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

And ask questions whenever you have them. I'm new myself, but I'd like to help you where I can. That search box at the top right corner will probably be more helpful though lol.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.