Looking for Honest Feedback on My Home Listing (Savannah, GA)

Looking for Honest Feedback on My Home Listing (Savannah, GA)

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone,

I’m hoping to get some honest, constructive feedback from investors, realtors, or anyone with an eye for what makes a home sell.

The property is at 14 E 54th St, Savannah, GA 31405 in the Ardsley Park area.

  • 4 bedrooms, 3 baths

  • About 2,400 sq. ft.

  • Built in 1950, brick home with original hardwoods (covered by current flooring)

  • Vintage details like a fireplace, detailed ceilings, and original 1950s tile in two bathrooms

  • Fully fenced yard and classic curb appeal with a white picket fence

Here’s my main concern: I want to make sure I’m presenting it the right way to attract buyers.

Specific feedback I’d love:

  • Do the photos (link below) showcase the home well, or would staging/lighting changes help?

  • Does the description highlight the right features, or is there something I should emphasize more?

  • Given the age and style, would buyers see the vintage details as charming, or outdated?

  • Any low-cost improvements you’d recommend before listing?

  • Pricing question: My home is priced at a lower cost per square foot than many others in the neighborhood, but I notice that higher-priced homes seem to be getting more traction. Could this be a perception/positioning issue?


https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/14-E-54th-St-Savannah-GA-...


I really appreciate any advice. I’d rather hear tough truths now than wonder later why it’s sitting on the market. My husband told me to let the realtors do their job, but I don't want the sale of our home up to someone who may not be doing the best job they can. 

Thanks in advance!



1Reply
61 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ricardo R.Pro Member
    Property Manager · Michigan Ctr, MI · Member since 2016 · 661 posts · 581 votes
    1y

    Hey Charyle,

    I took a look at your listing—here’s some honest feedback from the perspective of someone who’s marketed a lot of homes and rentals:

    1. Photos & Presentation
    • Lighting: Several rooms feel darker than they need to. Bright, evenly lit photos always get more clicks. A pro photographer with HDR settings can transform the feel.

    • Staging: Even small changes—like removing extra furniture or using light-colored bedding—can make spaces look bigger and more modern.

    • Vintage Details: Highlight them intentionally—buyers love “character” when it’s framed as a feature rather than a flaw.

    • The Cranes Wall Art: Right now, the cranes are visually memorable, but for the wrong reason—it’s a very specific taste. You want your “anchor” to be something inherent to the home or lifestyle—like “the house with the pool” or “the home with the white picket fence.” Unless it’s a selling point for the home itself, consider removing it so buyers focus on the property’s best features. I wrote a whole article the even touches on this: https://www.g3manage.com/post/property-staging-tips-that-sel...

    2. Listing Description
    • Lead with emotional appeal: “Charming Ardsley Park brick home with vintage character and modern potential” works better than listing facts first.

    • Call out:

      • Original hardwoods

      • Fireplace + detailed ceilings

      • Fully fenced yard + white picket fence (classic curb appeal!)

    A few strong bullet points beat long paragraphs every time.

    3. Perception & Pricing
    • Homes priced slightly below market sometimes get less attention because buyers assume something’s wrong.

    • Pricing at or just above market can actually attract more serious buyers—especially if photos and staging scream “desirable neighborhood home.”

    4. Low-Cost Improvements
    • Fresh, neutral paint in a few rooms = big impact for little money.

    • Pull up flooring to show off the original hardwoods—vintage hardwood almost always adds perceived value.

    • Modern light fixtures = instant facelift.

    My Opinion:

    • Bright photos + simple staging = more clicks.

    • Frame vintage as “character,” not “dated.”

    • Replace highly personal “anchors” with lifestyle-focused ones buyers will love.

    • Consider pricing psychology—cheap doesn’t always sell faster.

    • I hope this helps I sent you DM and hopefull you can help us out as well. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Savannah, GA · Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    11mo

    I showed this home to some of my clients!

    • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
      11mo
      Quote from @Nicole Williams:

      I showed this home to some of my clients!


       Thank you! We've made some changes since it was originally listed in August (paint, photos, price).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.