subject to documents

3 Replies

Is the best source to obtain all documents necessary to complete a subject to transaction a real estate attorney? Are there other sources?

Thank you in advance BP!

In my experience the best way to do your first subject-to transaction is to partner with someone with a lot of experience with these transactions. They should have a package of documents that they use depending on your state. In my experience atty's are very hesitant about sub-to's and are more likely to talk you out of it than to help you do it.

I like cashflow depot.com They are a great resource of people who are doing the deal and membership to the site is only about $100 for there which is very reasonable.

Hope this helps :)

@Michael Otranto,

Wanted to follow-up. Thank you for your reply. I'm doing exactly that now- partnering with a local investor (who I met at REIA) who is experienced w/ those types of deals.

Have set up two different appointments on leads I received which I believe are very-possible sub2 deals, and he agreed after doing his own research.  

@Michael Q. has some sub to docs at one of his websites, free for download. If you can't find them, you can PM him. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you