Access to MLS-simplest ways

5 Replies

Hi BP Community

New investor here. Is there a way to easily get access to the MLS without having to rely on a RE Agent?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Josh Reynolds

Not that I know of, however most agents will at your request set up a search with whatever parameters you set and essentially leave you alone. I used a realtor to find a duplex we bought about 9 months ago, the search however is still actively running. So although I don't contact the realtor my email continues to get new properties in his counties etc....I hope this helped!

630‑370‑7422

@Josh Reynolds Welcome to BP. This is the same advice that I give all newbies. If you plan on doing anything at all on the MLS beyond one or two deals, go ahead and become a Realtor.

See if your area has Listingbook.  Do a search on Craigslist under real estate for sale on the keyword "Listingbook" or "free Listingbook account"

This should give you better access than the client side of most MLS systems

thanks @Phillip Williams, @Bryan L., @Jerry R. Really appreciate your input! Jerry R.... Is Listingbook really up to date on the MLS? I've heard that most of the time, with most access sites that pull from MLS, there is anywhere from a 1-3 day lag time between when the listing hits the MLS, and when it hits the site. Most of the great deals get snatched up before that...

Listingbook here is pretty good and usually delivers the latest the day after being input in the MLS. I used it before I became a Realtor.

Get a local investor-friendly agent to get you set-up on a drip feed from their MLS too. This is all free and multiple access never hurts.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you